2 Hubs

Hi all,

I currently have 2 harmony hubs on my network and 2 instances of the plugin running. For whatever reason 1 instance, always the same one, looses its IP config and the vera cant talk to it. To be clear the VERA is forgetting the ip but only on the one…anyone heard or have a fix for this? Both my hubs have static reservations from DHCP.

Hi,

I have heard the same issue with not only the Harmony plugin. No idea why the IP attribute gets wiped. The only solution I heard was to hardcode the IP address in the plugin initialization code. Let me know if you need some help with that.

Cheers Rene

ok interesting, I may want to do that for both of the plugins, is there a guide somewhere?

Hi,

You download the L_Harmony.lua via Apps - Delvelop Apps - Luup files.

Search for “Harmony = HarmonyAPI(”

The two lines above that add the line to set your HUB’s IP address:
ipAddress = “x.x.x.x”

Now upload the file back to your Vera.

Cheers Rene

can you be more specific regarding the “two lines above” and where to add my specific IP address? do I only need to add it once at this line → log("Using Harmony Hub: IP address X.X.X.X " … ipAddress, 3)? I really appreciate your help!

I am one that will be in need of this thread.

Hi,

Have you downloaded the L_Harmony.lua file and loaded into a text editor? Then you will find the lines relevant.

Cheers Rene

Ok, I downloaded the file and added my IP (harmony hub IP) to the text file and saved it. Now, how/where do I re-upload?

edit: NM, I uploaded via Luup files. However, I got a “Lua Engine Failed to Load” error. Thoughts?

I think I got it. Please ignore me . . . for now ???

welp, that didn’t work >:(
Lost the IP address again.

Maybe I’m adding the IP in the wrong spot!?!?!?!?!? Thoughts?

Hi,

If you hardcoded the IP as described, loosing it from the IP attribute should not have any effect as that value is no longer used.

Cheers Rene

Hi,

I just released version 2.19 which stored the Hub IP Address as a normal variable, not in the device IP attribute. This should fix the issues with the IP address setting getting lost.

In case you hardcoded the IP address you will have to configure it again after the upgrade. However, that should be only once and it will work just fine if you have multiple Hubs as well.

You can force the upgrade via the link provided in the Version log article.

Cheers Rene

awesome! I will upgrade as soon as possible today and report back! Thanks!

Force upgrade complete. Version updated. I’ll keep you posted re: IP address status. Thanks again for your awesome work!!!

Several days running without loss of IP address! Thank you again!

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers Rene