2nd Genaration H@L - Android Only Voice Recognition for Vera

in general you could say the phrase that you want to have recognized and look at the result page what the HAL comes up with as recognized command and put that in the dictionary on the “Google Translation” side and put the english command on the “What I Said” side. (for example: “light kitchen on”
for the temperature i have in dutch at the “Google Translation” side : buitentemperatuur and on the “What I Said” side i have : “backdoor temp status” without the “” ofcourse. so when i say : “wat is de buitentemperatuur” the HAL responds with : “backdoor temp is XX degrees”
now all we need is something that exchanges the “backdoor temp is XX degrees” with dutch language :slight_smile:

[quote=“Da_JoJo, post:40, topic:175160”]try :
what i said : shade out google translation: awning out on[/quote]

This is basically what i did, but i forgot the ‘on’, i thought i did not need it but i think i do. The device ‘awning out’ is extending the awning. But i probably need to tell it ‘on’, otherwise it’ll recognise the device but does not know what to do with it. As the device is called awning out i thought the ‘out’ is like the on command, but this is not the case !
I guess when i try that later it will solve the problem !

Hi, I get version error when I start the app, why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Upgrade the App … you should be on Version 1.007

I am on that version, even reinstalled it. And I have tested it on two android pads with fresh downloads from google playstore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Works great as a proof on concept, very high rate of accuracy for me. Be nice to have widget to just push on the screen for voice input.

Hi @RichardTSchaefer

Great work on this - thank you.

Out of interest have you considered enabling (if possible?) the integration of a USB microphone to the Vera unit some how and as such then allow for HAL to work directly from Vera?

I ask because I currently use a voice control system for Mcontrol by Shifra Smart Homes that works great - it’s such fun and is effective after some suitable setting up. I have of course now moved to Vera as a primary HA system however and use Mcontrol really only as a means for running some scenes easily with Media centre. The integration of use and need with HAL is far better than that achievable currently however requires the phone app and a manual push of a button.

If you were able to run this in some way from the Vera unit itself with a microphone plugged in, perhaps a simple ‘name’ command could gain a “yes” response that then means HAL would listen for the command. There for the “name” stated would cause Hall" to listen in the same way as pressing the button on the app.

Such a set up would allow for a really new development in voice activated automation in the home. As I say I currently have this and it all works well - but I see a real effective future in HAL if this was an option?

HAL as it stands is awesome so I hope you don’t mind my sharing of thoughts here :slight_smile:

I need to dust off that code … there are a number of changes I want for my personal use.
I am not sure how reliable the voice recognition would be through an external mike.
I need to do some testing. Using the phone, there is DSP processing to cancel ambient noise from the mike.

HAL 1 worked on a PC and my phone. It sent the voice from the phone to the PC for recognition.
The phone mike worked much much better than a local mike on the PC.

Hi Richard,

I use a The Voice Tracker II? Array Microphone:

It is indeed pricy but has been worth it. It can cancel out background noise in the same way you discuss. of course other cheaper methods are available.

I could introduce you to Haddi @ Shifra Smart Homes as you may be able to share code? I have worked with him (more he works and I tested and requested…) and got great results but I think his stuff has too stopped development all be it he is still communicative regarding the software - he was very helpful and keen to develop further.

Instead of having to press a button for the “listening” element to happen it is set up so the level of the microphone was low in terms of input. Once the “trigger” was heard (e.g the equivalent of pressing the button) the mic level was automatically increased done via simple batch but many other easy ways to do this. The outcome was the system is always listening and has great listening ability when required, but as mic levels are low most of the time mis fires are minimal. I even implement as solution where by batch files could be run on initiation which meant I could pause TV if I called the tiger and it would resume after command was issued. this also then worked if a mis fire happened the resume would also see the mic level reduced even further - again enabling smarter use and working of the system. plus lots of many other simple little tweaks.

All the above is implemented through simple logic but no one has seemed to bundle it all together into one thing that does it all (e.g ability to run local commands and control vera and have the above mentioned flexibility) If you wanted to have a play with this idea some time I would been keen to help in any way I can.

I really love the vocal integration I get with my systems, the ability to call music, radio, tv, turn things on and off etc is just brilliant. Sadly however I do not have the coding capabilities (other than basic ad onn as mentioned above) myself to add to a development project but being an active user currently of such a solution if you did want my rambling input I would be keen to be involved.

I shall have a play with he PC client a little late I think.

thanks Richard. :slight_smile:

Hal 1 had an open mike … Always listening. I need to look at what I can do on android. I wonder if the NSA would share their code;)

HAL does not recognize the “CT50 V1.94” “RTCOA_Wifi_ZoneThermostat”. My Vera shows this device and temperature readings. Vera does not control this thermostat. Installed this device using “Radio Thermostat Wi-Fi Plugin”. Any ideas why HAl would not recognize this device?

Rename the device to something that Google can recognize … like maybe:
Thermostat

Hi Richard,
Thanks for getting back to my question. My Device name was “Thermostat”. In the post I posted the “Device_file” value from the Plugin. I tried another android app “AutHomationHD” and it recognizes the thermostat.

I misunderstood your request.
I did notice this is not a thermostat type of device.
I will look into it.

Wanted to ask the same but you did it already so I second it :wink:
I just started to make a dutch dictionary and it’s looking good :smiley:

Also support for urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Heater:1 would be great its actually a thermostat but the Horstmann HRT4 ZW is being added like this :wink:

Wanted to ask the same but you did it already so I second it :wink:
I just started to make a dutch dictionary and it’s looking good :smiley:

Also support for urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Heater:1 would be great its actually a thermostat but the Horstmann HRT4 ZW is being added like this ;)[/quote]
das een goed plan :slight_smile:
i have problems with running the app in android 4.3 somehow voice-recognition is not functioning ok. authomation same thing. anyone have a solution for that ? gonna try reinstall both see if that helps.

I just downloaded the app from Google Play and it says version expired.
I hope you continue working on this app Richard, after watching your video on Youtube i was sold, looks very promising
/Mike

[quote=“mickesanda, post:57, topic:175160”]I just downloaded the app from Google Play and it says version expired.
I hope you continue working on this app Richard, after watching your video on Youtube i was sold, looks very promising
/Mike[/quote]

Strange. I just downloaded it and it works fine other than having issues with my accent :wink:

Hello Rich and team,

I have a very strange problem and a generic question.

Background:
I have a couple of scenes which trigger my lights in my living room like “Lights Bright”, “Lights Night”, “Lights Movie”, etc. Those are the names of the scenes and the work fine when I execute them individually and also when I execute them via AuthomationHD and my new Cooper wired Scene controller.

When I use HAL all 6 scenes get triggered (the 6th is “Lights OFF”) but the second scene called “Lights Night” don’t work as expected. They should turn on, change to blue and then go down to 40%.

Instead the go through this whole cycle but at the end they change to “Lights Bright” which is 100% no color like when I turn the light switch off and then on. I don’t believe it is triggering the scene “Lights Bright” but instead going to the default light setting as outlined above but I have no proof and this is just an assumption at this point.

Issue:
Basically all 5 scenes get triggered, 4 of them correctly, the 6th scene for lights off works fine but just the one which is “Lights Night” goes through the cycle and then goes into default light mode or triggers the “Lights Bright” scene. One or the other is my guess.

This only happens with HAL. How can I trouble shoot that please?

Now my generic question:
It does not recognize my NEST Gen 2 Thermostat. Is there a way to implement that into HAL?

Thanks in advance for all the help guys.

The Fuzzy logic matched many of your lighting scenes.
You can lower the fuzzy logic by 1 number at a time and try.
Or you can try to make the names more different.

The reason the lighting scenes might not be working is that they are getting interference from multiple scenes running at once.
It’s hard to schedule that many by hand … manually.

I will add the nest thermostat … I will have to do some research to see how that looks.