Activities setup defaults back to Common Actions for DelightLight device

Hello Rigpapa

Currently user of DelayLight and Reactor plugins, thank so much for these great plugins.

I Have the following situation.

I have three lights in a bathroom that are turned off by DelayLight after 20 minutes, I do not have any sensors, so it is only set on Manual Off Delay without any Inhibitors. Lights are turned off after 20 min as expected.

I wanted to be able to disable the light off timer from the wall switch to leave lights on indefinitely, manually turning lights on again within 10 secs after lights go off, so I decided to use Reactor plugin for this task.

In Reactor I created two groups with an AND condition (B Hpr), the first OR group(Off pulse 10 sec) checks if any of the lights goes off and on match pulse go true for 10 secs, the second OR(Lighs On) group checks if any of the lights goes on. This way if both conditions are meet the sensor is triggered.

In activities if the sensor (B Hpr) becomes TRUE it sets DelayLightTimer to disable “0”, when (Lights On) becomes FALSE it sets DelayLightTimer to enable “1”

Testing this setup, it works, lights are left indefinitely on if I turn lights back on within 10 secs, when I turn lights off the timer is enabled for next usage of bathroom lights.

However, after some days disabling lights off timer doesn’t work, I noticed that reactor disables DelayLight switch not the DelayLightTimer. So, I went to check activities setup to verify and indeed it is configured in “Set enable state” under Common Actions title instead of “SetEnable” under DelayLightTimer. I changed it back to “SetEnable” under DelayLightTimer title, and it works again. This had happened to me many times, saved activities apparently defaults back to “Set enable state” under Common Actions title, when this happens lights are turned off, the Delay Switch is disabled but timer continues running and turn off lights when it expires.

Any help with this issue is appreciated

I think you’re chasing a red herring. The “Set enable state” in common actions and “SetEnable” under the service for the timer are one and the same. I would expect that if you select SetEnable, it will later show you “Set enable state” as that comes first in the menu, but either one you pick gets you the same result.

I think you have something else going on. It seems like your logic is a bit complex. There’s a built-in function in Reactor to help you with this, or maybe two depending on how you look at it:

1. The “sustained for” condition option allows you to react to a condition being true for less than a specified amount of time, making it easy to check, for example, if a light was on for less than 10 seconds.
  2. The “repeats” condition option lets you react to an event occurring n times within s seconds… light going on two times within 10 seconds, for example. I think this is the most useful, because the light is naturally on after the second press and can then be left on.
1 Like

I’ll try with “repeats” condition option.

Thank you