Adding a an Alarm Control Panel to Vera Secure

Hello,

We have had Vera for a long time, from the lite, to the edge, and now the Secure. Love how things have improved and more devices are available as time goes on. My wife and I have had LifeShield.com security for several years until we got the Vera Secure, we aren’t too worried about security so much but we wanted a monitored fire alarm system (I’m a firefighter and see what that early alert can do to save lives and property).
We are in the middle of canceling our LifeShield system as I now have 10 First Alert Smoke and CO detectors throughout the house. The Alarm through the Vera dashboard is great and the Geo fence is an awesome idea but we live in an area with very bad cell reception. So using the geo fence to disarm the system isn’t going very well. Sometimes our phones don’t connect to our home wifi and trigger the geo fence “Home” mode within the 45 seconds and the siren sounds.
We have an iPad on the wall in our kitchen but we sometimes forget to wake it up, open the vera app, wait for it to update the system status, and then hit the home button.
Finally to our question: Is there an “alarm type” panel that we can install where we had the LifeShield panel that will act as our arm and disarm? As I type this I am also thinking that we can maybe do the same thing with the codes on our electronic door locks to trigger our “Home” mode?

Thanks everyone for your time.

Chris

Look at one of the tablet apps to control Vera, like Imperihome. You can create different dashboards which is what I have done, one for Security System, one for Environmentals, and the such. ImperiHome can wake up on camera motion and you can set how often it updates from vera.

On another note, Lifeshield can monitor smoke detectors, they have a siren detector which is what I used in my old house. Also, I had wrote a screen scraping web app, that pulled the information from Lifeshield and put it into Vera, you could arm/disarm from Vera and see the status of open/close sensors.

Gibby,

Thank you so much for the info. I downloaded the app an am playing around with it’s configuration.
I am wondering how I would make the app wake up when it sees motion or better yet when a door lock has the pin code entered and it unlocks? I didn’t see anything relating to wake up in my search through the app.

Thanks again!.
Chris

[quote=“ckonash, post:3, topic:197101”]Gibby,

Thank you so much for the info. I downloaded the app an am playing around with it’s configuration.
I am wondering how I would make the app wake up when it sees motion or better yet when a door lock has the pin code entered and it unlocks? I didn’t see anything relating to wake up in my search through the app.

Thanks again!.
Chris[/quote]

Look under settings, then Dashboard view preferences.

There is an option to wake up based on the camera but I haven’t played with it yet.

There is a plugin you can install in Vera called ImperiHome also, looks like you might be able to send a wake up to it by telling it what dashboard page to go.

https://imperihome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201397057

Zipato also makes a very basic keypad that acts like a security keypad. You can only set to home and away with a pin (or RFID tag).

I have 2 android tablets running Imperihome pro, and have bene very pleased. I was able to set the app to not let the tablet sleep, and to “wake up” when it detects motion e.g., someone walks up to it. On the second cheaper tablet the motion detection did not work, so that one I just set it to say on all the time.

Old thread but I was searching for the same thing. I found this and wanted to share:

http://getvera.com/portfolio-posts/2gig-wireless-keypad-433/

Looks like the panel is officially endorsed by Vera.

Peter

Peter: that device works well (I have one of them at my office), but be warned: it has no lights or sounds on the unit; you will need to set up scenes for sounds for incorrect and correct code entry using the Aeonlabs doorbell trick I outlined in my security system post.