Advanced option "Scene is 'active' if ANY light in the scene is turned off"

Hi folks,

On a VeraPlus I recently discovered the advanced option “Scene is ‘active’” with choice “if ANY light in the scene is turned off.” It doesn’t seem to work as I’d expect though. Are there any known gotchas in how to use it?

My scenario is the following - I have some lights which I run on a schedule. I’d also like to be able to active them with a motion sensor, turning them off after a 10 minute delay. BUT if we’re during a time the light was regularly scheduled to be on anyway, I don’t want them turning off because of the motion sensor.

I was expecting to have to get my hands dirty and start learning LUUP programming. Then I noticed this option and it sounds like it would do exactly what I want. But it seems to be ignored - if the lights were already on, then motion still turns them off after a delay. FWIW these are Hue lights connected through the Hue hub + plugin.

Thanks

The Reactor plugin would suit your usecase. You could use it to trigger a scene which turns the light(s) on when 1) motion is detected, and 2) the light level status is 0. Put a 10 min delay timer to “off” in the same scene.

I use this method to turn on staircase lighting when motion is detected, but only between sunset and sunrise and only if the light is already off. Light then turns off 10 minutes later.

See image - all variables would have to be true for the light to turn on and then off 10 minutes later.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look at Reactor. I was also able to get the behavior I was looking for with a tiny bit of LUUP code - I found some very helpful examples at http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,18679.0.html