aeon labs energy monitor

Anyone have any updates on price / availability / Vera compatibility of the Aeon Labs energy monitor?

I googled around and can only find their corporate info on the product.

http://www.aeon-labs.com/site/products/view/4/

I saw some discussions saying they expected it out in the March timeframe…

@ ASIHome - Have you guys heard anything on this?

I was out for the last 2 days but I did get an email saying they are “ready for market”. I am trying to find out if that means they are ready to ship.

Any pricing info?

I want…
hint hint ASI :slight_smile:

Group buy! :slight_smile:

It’ll probably be out of stock for ages anyway like everything else at the moment :wink:

I have another email in to them. I usually hear back a day later from them. I think the rep is in China right now.

ASI,

How come so many items are out of stock at the moment? Is there an upswing in demand for Zwave stuff?

Both an upward swing in orders and the fact that manufacturers stock levels were dropped during the recession. They are now trying to play “catch up” with the increased demand. There is also something going on with clamshell packaging (and maybe plastic in general) in China. We have at least 3 vendors that are having trouble getting packaging.

Not to mention long lead-times from the semiconductor market…some companies are as long as 32 weeks!

ASI,

How come so many items are out of stock at the moment? Is there an upswing in demand for Zwave stuff?

I have had a couple of HMS TS001 sensors on backorder for with ASIHome for over 2 months which is quite frustrating. But I have to commend them for keeping me appraised of the status of the backorder and options I have. I wish all vendors had such great customer service!

Well done, ASIHome

(not affiliated in any way with them–just a very satisfied customer)

I’m also on back order for a relay by couple of months too, but also cancelled an order recently for a couple of switches that I was able to get from a local vendor (albeit at a higher price). In that instance I couldn’t wait as it was a long lead time and they were needed for something important at home.

ASI is still my preferred vendor though! Cant beat the prices, customer service and range of products!

First, thank you for the kind words. Second, what versions is everybody looking for? Single, double or tripple clamp?

From what I can gather so far from Aeon, these will be available in 4-weeks or less and I should have another update on Monday.

As far as HomeManageables goes, I have a few calls in to them but I think they were at a trade show yesterday.

Asi, what’s the eta for the new kwikset locks? Any plans on getting the bulogics power strip?http://www.bulogics.com/powerstrip.html

sry. if this is posted elsewhere…

Mods: If you want to split this off as it does not pertain to the OP.

Kwikset is working out a kink and has pushed back the launch by 2-weeks.

As far as Bulogics goes, we are working with them on both their Shutdown Stick and PowerStrip however they have been very busy with shows and meetings. I will work on an update for that as well.

Thanks ASI.

back to original posting… are the aeon labs products goign to be in the same price range as intermatics or closer to GE?

[quote=“ASIHome, post:13, topic:165731”]First, thank you for the kind words. Second, what versions is everybody looking for? Single, double or tripple clamp?

From what I can gather so far from Aeon, these will be available in 4-weeks or less and I should have another update on Monday.

As far as HomeManageables goes, I have a few calls in to them but I think they were at a trade show yesterday.[/quote]Single for me i think

I think 1 as well.

Are specs available yet? It looks like this is a battery powered device - how often does it wake up and report? Can its wake/report interval be adjusted? I have a lot of questions, but I want one…

Just as an FYI:

As far as clamps go, if you are in the US and want to use this as a whole house monitor you will need a 2 clamp version. One for each leg of 120v coming in at the breaker panel

You would need a 2 clamp model for measuring usage on any 220-240 volt appliance.
(yeah I guess for this you could use a 1 clamp and double the numbers).

One clamp for the normal 110v appliance of course.

I don’t claim to be an expert on power, so if I am mistaken, please correct me :smiley: