Since July 2019 I am struggling with Vera about a specific device support. Since I had an issue with Fibaro motion sensor (ghost devices) I decided to go for a “vera supported device”. According to the website:
https://getvera.com/search?view=alternate The Aeotec MultiSensor 6 “works with Vera”.
I start this topic for some reasons:
- Discover if I am (not) Alone.
- Ask the community if there are others with this device and do/do not have problems and do have UV reports/no ghost devices.
- Let the community know that despite Vera support always comes back with an answer (sometime after days or even weeks) the problem is not solved and according to me the device is “NOT supported by Vera”.
- I do have to say: Vera support is always willing to help! Despite they’re not so able (seen the results)
- 6 months later.
- 110 Emails further (110 received!!!).
- 7 (7!) support representatives further (Alex Sescu, Radu Bojica, Bogdan M., Ionut Sinatovici, Omar Gonzalez, Leonardo Vergara, Sara).
- 2 physical devices (6in1 sensors) further.
It still is not compatible!
What is tried:
- numerous inculde/excludes.
- numerous firmware levels for the aeotec.
- numerous devices hided by support (I discovered they just hide ghost devices).
- numerous support sessions with support (remote support).
- numerous reconfigure device now’s.
- connecting via battery/USB powered. (The device is now permanently USB powered).
- numerous other things
What does work and does not:
- Does: Motion detection seems reliable (as long as you do not plug and unplug the power)
- Does: Humidity, Light & temperature seems to update once in a while
- Does not: UV never updates and never worked (device is outside and on regular time in “direct or indirect” sunlight.
- Does not: stop creation of ghost devices/renumbering of devices.
Vera support has an answer for everything! (but not the problems). A small grip of frequently said things:
- The device just does not report it so Vera can’t display it.
- We’ve been testing the same device on our lab and we were unable to replicate the issue you’re experiencing.
- According to the logs and the parameters of the sensor, the behavior is expected since the sensor generating ghost devices happens at a wake-up most of the time and that’s the information the sensor sends back to Vera.
- Different flags appearing in the sensor such as can’t detect device, or getting the manufacturer are highly related to errors during the pairing process (Which is not your case, since you’ve done it several times) or a faulty device.
- We can set the autoconfigure parameter to No and the “ghost” devices to invisible so they don’t show in the Vera interface, but you need to keep in mind that the Vera reflects what the sensor is sending.
- We’re still waiting for an answer on your case from the higher Tier/Level 3.
- We removed the ghost devices (in fact they’re hided).
- We’re receiving a high volume of email, accept our apologies (during the 7.30 debacle).
Below a screenshot of the complete email (back-forward) with Vera Support… a 71 page document…