Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (6-in-1) works with Vera - NOT

sometimes its best to just remove the device reset it and then repair it, not the best solution but it may work

And today “out of the blue” just another shitload of ghosts:

Automatically configured still ‘No’?

C

To put some life back in this topic.

Yes always set to auto configured “no”. Since the last post “only” 2 ghost devices appeared… And I have for the sake of my heart just hidden them (was not able t delete them and do not dare to press configure node now.

@Vera Support… when will you resond again? i have sent about 3 mails last week regarding this issue… How far away is level/tier 3 support away from vera support?

I have found calling them works faster. Mind you, you will have a poor voip line that connects to them, but at least you get someone working on it right away.

Calling never worked for me…

However I was called 2 times last 4 weeks (BEGGING THEM TO DO)

And I must say: Very nice guys at support… but after hours on the phone and retrying what I already did myself for days: sent to tier3… and then… silence.

2 Likes

Tagging @Sorin

C

1 Like

And tonight 3 new visitors… (unwanted)

This is easy to fix. Go to the parent device of the “unwanted visitors” and click Configure node right now under Advanced->Commands for the parent device. After the nodes configure, hard refresh your browser and the phantom devices will be gone.

Hi Blacey, appreciate your reply.

This is NOT easy to fix. If one presses the configure node right now only the parent ID is kept, all other devices will get new IDs, this breaks all logic. And then all over the ghost devices will appear again… even if the “do not automatically configure” is unselected. Please read the entire thread. LONG going story, confirmed by Vera support…

WAITING LONG TIME FOR FIX (1 year) already… (See OP).

I only have the prior generation(s) of Aeotec multisensors and I have always been able to nuke ghost devices with the steps I cited above (in fact for other device types too). I realize the series 6 isn’t “supported” so the sensor readings may be wrong, but that isn’t necessarily the root cause for ghost devices. However, it sounds like the ID reassignment has something to do with reconfigure failing for an unsupported device - sorry it doesn’t solve the problem for the the Aeotec MS6. I’m not a fan of Aeotec anyway but I will definitely steer clear of the series 6 until Vera sorts this out. Cheers!

Hi Blacey, thanks again for your reply.

Sorry to say, but you’re not right. The 6 serie of this device IS support. please read the OP (original Post).

Cheers!

EDIT: The reason for stepping over to these Aotec is that the ARE officially supported by Vera… I had also MAJOR issue (these same issues) with the Fibaro motion eyes (also v3.2) which are a little “vaguely supported”.

The horror continues:

This seems to be affecting my setup, which has been working fine, up until about a week or two ago.

In my case, I get 4 entries:

_GET_LANG(generic_sensor,sensor)

I’m also seeing a new device, with the same parent, which has no name, but appears to be measuring power usage: Watts: KWH:

These are all linked to the ZW100.

Does anyone have a fully functional device_file/configuration for Aeotec devices/Jasco devices? I would love to get my Multisensor 6 working properly. Being able to get the Define if the LED light blinks if there is motion (Parm 81), the UV settings, Disable Tamper, if PIR is triggered to send Temp/Humidity/UV values.

I’ve been a very long time Vera customer, but I’m getting burnt out trying to struggle getting default configuration files in Vera to function with the most common products.

After installing and getting the initial children, have you changed automatically configure on the setting page to No? That usually helps prevent the ghost children from being created.

Sorry to say but actually it does not.

See why I am desperately searching for a zwave alternative! I literally get ########### from this!

See, Vera support, if you woke up and saw this in the morning after you changed NOTHING FOR ###### SAKE and you have around 30 ghost devices again for that same freaking supported sensor?

And please spare me the replies “have you this, have you that” the answer is yes, read back the topic.

Really, this is why so many people are so frustrated with vera and left.

Vera, see whats happening here? I want to rely on your product because I need it just to simply work!

@slelieveld - I too have this problem and it’s been ongoing for almost as long as your issue. Vera support has tried many things and they finally responded with " The only information available for now regarding this issues is that it is being worked on. For now I will close this ticket, when you get new firmware update and if after that you still have issues please let us know." Thanks for that, but when will this firmware update come out? Silence…

I have found a way to delete these ghost devices by changing the id_parent attribute for each of the ghost devices to 1 and then manually deleting the devices afterwards, but I agree that this bug is SOOOO annoying and they need to fix it. The one time the ghost devices did stop appearing was after Vera support accidentally deleted ALL my child devices which included all the sensors other than motion - which kind of defeats the purpose of spending all that money on a multisensor…

I was thinking of writing a LUA script to automatically hunt down the child devices of the parent above a certain device ID range and automatically change the id_parent attribute to 1 and then delete each device, but haven’t gotten around to it - have found it easier to delete the ghost devices manually for now, but these ghosts constantly mess up my home assistant and homekit configurations.

You are not alone!

1 Like

@htcheng - I don’t have this issue anymore. Have excluded from Vera and included in h
Homeassistant. Never fails and all sensors work (instantly)…

There is a way out :-).