Aeotec MultiSensor 6 yelds temporary "can't detect device" messages after update

I have a handfull of Aeotec MultiSensor 6 devices. A couple of them I bought very early on and some later. The first once I bought had the bug where temperature was a bit off. Some months ago I took the step and upgraded all these devices to the latest firmware to deal with the issue of the temperature being off.

I exluded all devices from my network, followed the upgrade steps from Aeotec, and included all devices to my network again by keeping them just some centimeters from my Vera Edge. They all included fine and works as expected.

Though; after the firmware upgrade all devices randomly yeld the “can’t detect device” message from time to time. All devices can display as healty in Vera, but then a couple can yeld “can’t detect device” for an hour or two before they again display as healthy. Then after a while it might be a couple of other of these devices which yeld “can’t detect device” for an hour or two before going back to healthy. Its super random. During this period where they yeld “can’t detect device”, they do continue to function.

I have tried to exlude them and reinclude them again with no luck. I have also tried to turn off / adjust polling with no luck.

Have anyone else seen such behaviour and have any tips on how to resolve this?

Whats troubeling me a bit is that it seems like the frequenzy they report “can’t detect device” has been picking up a bit lately and I really would like to avoid downgrading the firmware on these…

Hello,

In regards to this issue, we have opened a support ticket for you.

Please respond to it so that we can assist you further.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have responded to you support ticket and please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

Cheers

Yes, I have exactly the same behavior now since I replaced a FGMS-001 Fibaro motion sensor. I am starting to believe this is a vera thing again.

For me it was not Vera but too much traffic in my z-wave network. Basically I found (with the help of Vera support) that I had a lot of devices which reported misc metrics very, very frequent and that clogged my network and caused devices to randomly drop out. The Aeotec Multisensors was particullary prune to this.

After going over almost all my devices and configuring them to report metrics way less, my network (and Aeotec Multisensors) have been super solid. I’ve not had any devices drop out since I tuned this in December.

And how did you tune this? Did you change defualt parameters? I run my Multisensor 6 in battery mode, thus having already very little updates?

I tuned the properties on all my z-wave devices to report metrics a good chunk less then the defailt. Ex; I’ve set all my dimmers to report on x number minutes instead of the default which was almost every second.

You need to see which properties on each device you have which controll this.

It made a huge improvement on my system.

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same.

The default report intervals for battery operated devices are pretty lax. With the downside of changing batteries more often I lowered the report interval to 3 minutes or less to all of my sensors. Fibaro’s and Aeon’s are still rocking more than 50% battery in about 6 months, which is OK in my book. If have to change the batteries once every year I find it reasonable.

However I have a few Vision sensors which seem so bad that I permanently disconnected. They lose battery charge under a month of use, and that’s with the default report intervals.

takke the battery out and put it back in