Aeotec sirern 6 volume control

Is there a way to control the volume of the Aeotec Siren 6 with Vera? I see that there’s some register in smartthings for a volume control of 1…6, but I cannot see the equivalent for vera, I tried to configure 0x02 but this does not appear to work.

1 Like

Aeotec has published a brief How-To named “Siren 6 sound/volume control in Vera UI7”

But, the luua syntax seems wrong and my ServiceId is different. The sample ServiceID is “ZWaveNetwork1” and my ServiceID is “ZwaveDevice1.”

The sample luua code uses single quotation marks ’ but I have always seen double quotation marks " used. Also, the sample luua code has no spaces.

The sample luua code format:

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘85’,Data=‘96 13 0 2 121 5 50 15’},1)

The luua code format that does not get rejected on my VeraPlus (with appropriate node change):

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1”, “SendData”, {Node=71, Data=“96 13 0 2 121 5 50 15”}, 1)

However, even with the appropriate node included, endpoint 2 (tamper siren) volume and sound does not seem to change using the above luua code. I have tried running the Configure Node Right Now command but no joy.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I would like to reduce the volume of the tamper siren and other endpoints.

Update: I used ServiceId:ZWaveNetwork1 and it worked. Joy.

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules