Aeotec sirern 6 volume control

Is there a way to control the volume of the Aeotec Siren 6 with Vera? I see that there’s some register in smartthings for a volume control of 1…6, but I cannot see the equivalent for vera, I tried to configure 0x02 but this does not appear to work.

Aeotec has published a brief How-To named “Siren 6 sound/volume control in Vera UI7”

But, the luua syntax seems wrong and my ServiceId is different. The sample ServiceID is “ZWaveNetwork1” and my ServiceID is “ZwaveDevice1.”

The sample luua code uses single quotation marks ’ but I have always seen double quotation marks " used. Also, the sample luua code has no spaces.

The sample luua code format:

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’,‘SendData’,{Node=‘85’,Data=‘96 13 0 2 121 5 50 15’},1)

The luua code format that does not get rejected on my VeraPlus (with appropriate node change):

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1”, “SendData”, {Node=71, Data=“96 13 0 2 121 5 50 15”}, 1)

However, even with the appropriate node included, endpoint 2 (tamper siren) volume and sound does not seem to change using the above luua code. I have tried running the Configure Node Right Now command but no joy.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I would like to reduce the volume of the tamper siren and other endpoints.

Update: I used ServiceId:ZWaveNetwork1 and it worked. Joy.

The siren turns off after about 2 seconds when I use Generic I/O 3. If I choose another Generic IO device can I set it the siren to go off longer? Basically I am trying to set a scene where if my motion detector detects motion, the siren will ring for 2 minutes.

Why is this not working?

luup.call_action(‘urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1’, ‘SendData’,{Node=‘75’, Data=‘96 13 0 3 121 5 40 29’},1)

Hello @jr4div2

Thank you for contacting us, please email us at support@ezlo.com so we can continue with a more personalized support experience.

We will be attentive.
Regards,

Jonathan Botero.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.

I’m trying to change the tone and volume, but after running that code, nothing changes. Obviously I’m doing something wrong

Can you try and then tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Hello @jr4div2

Can you try this code? luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1”, “SendData”, {Node=75, Data=“96 13 0 3 121 5 40 29”}, 1). The syntax on the Aeotec website seems to be incorrect: Note the single quotation marks instead of the double quotation marks and the Node being enclosed in single quotations instead of without as it should be.

Please test it and let me know if it works.

When any of you are posting code on the forum you also need to use 3 up tick characters ``` either side, so its formatted.

luup.call_action(“urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1”, “SendData”, {Node=75, Data=“96 13 0 3 121 5 40 29”}, 1)