Alexa, Christmas lights on!

Ok, enough for the politenesses. Jump to the other topics and show you leadership communication skills.

4 Likes

Another mis-characterization is “24/7 support”. 24/7 support doesn’t mean a voice mail box that takes calls 24/7 for the support people who only work very limited hours. Also “Works with major wireless protocols: Z-Wave Plus, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, and Bluetooth” where bluetooth never has been functional.

4 Likes

Please share the URL for the posts, so that i can get the relevant people who are involved in those can come and answer any questions you may have.

I re-read through the entire UI7 â–Ÿ Vera Software Update â–Ÿ 7.0.30 - Nov 20, 2019 topic thread. My description of you as “hiding from your customers” was because I had thought that it had been a long time since you posted on that thread. I see that my memory was somewhat faulty; you’ve never posted anything at all to that thread. That despite posts linking to you such as:

“Amazed by the radio silence from @melih @sorin and other Vera / Ezlo members?”

“So other than the single post from Edward, has anything heard anything from the Vera camp? @melih , @Sorin , any update? It would be nice to hear something
 like “We are working on a fix and will push it to everyone on 7.30 as soon as it it reliable
” or “Working on a way to fully downgrade the kernel and firmware back to 7.29
” or even “Sorry we bricked your devices
 we are working on a solution to the issues introduced with 7.30”

Silence is not golden in this case. I understand the devs and support folks are heads down working, and I wouldn’t expect them to do any posting (I was surprised Edward found a free min to respond), but it would be nice to hear something from Vera, even if its a non-update update.”

“Is Melih still alive?”

From my reading it appears that others feel that you have been hiding as well. While you may not see this as “hiding from your customers” I’ll leave it up to the others here to make up their own minds.

4 Likes

But you didn’t! You went ahead and mis-characterized it without leaving it upto the others.

I’m not sure you understand the definition of a mis-characterization. It’s also ironic that while you’re trying to claim that you aren’t hiding you still haven’t bothered to go to the firmware forum and post what the company is doing to try to get a fix, when a fix might be coming out, or putting any information out at all; yet you’re trying to argue that you’re not hiding.

2 Likes

in order to avoid double posting: Please refer to my earlier post to slelieveld. (Just to clarify, I don’t know where you get this expectation from that I should be answering every support call or respond to everything on the forum. It is an unreasonable expectation as each team is different and I would rather get the relevant team members to answer relevant questions)

Once again Mis-characterization of what I should be doing!

You’re right (I’m being sarcastic here since you seem to have trouble figuring that out); if there’s a critical problem, customers are needing information, and no one in the company seems to be authorized to give up information, why should anyone think the person who has described them self as co-founder, owner, chief operating officer, and chief technology officer might be privy to what’s going on.

No one has even implied that you should be on the phone answering every call, providing tech support, etc. You are, however, in an executive leadership role and communication in times of crisis is a central role of your job. A good leader, seeing a thread of 399 posts begging for an update, would either provide that update or get the right people within the organization to update their customers. That’s what you should be doing, but sadly are not.

5 Likes

This thread is insane. Is this what Vera has become 
 ? :unamused:

5 Likes

This post was merely about one feature release in one of the hub models

it was hijacked and turned into this by other people who simply have no respect for forum rules or etiquette

I do agree the thread has been high jacked
 but it shows how frustrated we are as end users/developers/customers are.

4 Likes

I agree, and all the engineering team is doing their best to help.

Tell us, show us, help us (show it)

3 Likes

I am putting in my own money and time to get the product to succeed.
We are all trying to do the same thing, why the animosity against people who are putting their money to improve the product then?

1 Like

what format do you want that to be and exactly ,what issues you want them to show you that they are doing their best on?

Format: see the 3 best and busiest topics on this forum find “melih” and hit reply.

2 Likes

As I mentioned many times previously, I am not in “support department” nor am I the right person to answer the questions being posed. Like I said previously, happy to get relevant people to answer the questions if you send me the URLs to specific posts.

But Melih, in the beginning you posts were have content about the product and the development. But now you say you are not going to say anything about that anymore?

What typesof thing do you as CTO think you are able to answer then? I think majority of the questions to you are about roadmap and or features versus capabilities and device support
 what about that Melih?

1 Like

You are conflating the issues here Slelieveld

Users are unhappy because there were some bugs in the latest firmware.
This is different than talking about the future roadmap.
1)Talking about bugs/issues
2)Talking about roadmap/vision
two different things.
I am happy to talk about the future roadmap (as much as I can reveal without revealing confidential stuff prior to release), but talking about bugs/issues etc, there are more relevant people who can shed light into those better than I can.

So please choose.
If there are specific bugs/issues: Please share the URLs to those posts and I will get the relevant people to provide insight

If you want to talk about future/roadmap/vision: Please ask me questions (preferably either as a different post or DM) and will try to answer as much as I can.

I rest my case. Happy new year Melih!

1 Like