Alexa not detecting Virtual Switches

I have a vera edge with all my room lights and 2 scenes, one to turn on all the lights and one to turn em off with a Virtual Switch as a trigger.

From the Vera page where i select the items Amazon Alexa will have access to i dont see the virtual switch.

These are the steps ive done:

1. I have added the options to the D_VSwitch.xml luup file (Attached)
    <Category_Num>3</Category_Num>
    <SubCategory_Num>0</SubCategory_Num>

2. Rebooted the vera

3. Checked versions
    VERA - 1.7.3830
    Virtual ON/OFF Switches v1.35

4. Checked advanced section on the device (File attached)

5. Waited for over 2 hours as other have mentioned the VS has appeared after a period of time

Anyone has any idea of what else can i do?

I will autoreply

Ive uploaded this xml and after 10 minutes it appeared

The virtual switch issue was discussed before. By now Alexa routines works. It might be easier to just use Alexa routine which triggers the scene. You do not need the virtual switch for that.

But a virtual switch can do so much more (layered tasks via scenes) than Alexa routines. I’m trying to use a virtual switch as well but not sure how to get it to show up.

One of the problems with the old Virtual Switch plugin is that it creates devices with its own device type, rather than a Vera-native device type for a binary switch. As a result, it isn’t recognized as equivalent in many places (another common place is in the Android mobile app, where the switches are listed but not controllable).

Virtual Switch has other problems, so I’ve just created a re-imagined 2019 implementation of virtual switches in a new plugin I call Switchboard. It’s not published in the Vera store yet, but you can get it here: GitHub - toggledbits/Switchboard-Vera: Virtual Switches for Vera Home Automation, Re-Imagined

I literally finished this thing a few minutes ago. Its switches may… SHOULD… work with Alexa, just like any other switch. I’ve already confirmed they work transparently in the Android app–full control.

You might like to try the guide i attached, however i made it quite a while ago so i’m not sure if its still compatible, you only need to do steps 1-11.

Hi, thank you for sharing the guide I will try it too.

[size=8pt]___________________________________________________________________________________[/size]
[size=8pt]Appvalley[/size] [size=8pt]TutuApp[/size] [size=8pt]Tweakbox[/size]

One of the problems with the old Virtual Switch plugin is that it creates devices with its own device type, rather than a Vera-native device type for a binary switch. As a result, it isn’t recognized as equivalent in many places (another common place is in the Android mobile app, where the switches are listed but not controllable).

Virtual Switch has other problems, so I’ve just created a re-imagined 2019 implementation of virtual switches in a new plugin I call Switchboard. It’s not published in the Vera store yet, but you can get it here: GitHub - toggledbits/Switchboard-Vera: Virtual Switches for Vera Home Automation, Re-Imagined

I literally finished this thing a few minutes ago. Its switches may… SHOULD… work with Alexa, just like any other switch. I’ve already confirmed they work transparently in the Android app–full control.[/quote]

TechPigeon’s guide did not work for me but rigpapa’s switchboard worked.

I literally finished this thing a few minutes ago. Its switches may… SHOULD… work with Alexa, just like any other switch. I’ve already confirmed they work transparently in the Android app–full control.[/quote]

Is there a separate thread for Switchboard?

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,120149.0.html

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,120149.0.html[/quote]

Thanks!

Still working to figure out the Reactor and Emby Plugins but I’ll check it out!

The virtual sensor was found by Alexa; however, not under Alexa routines. It appears that Alexa ONLY recognizes approved door and motion sensors under routines. I don’t have the newer Alexa with the built-in hub and they may be the easiest & cheapest way to go.

Is there a way to make this app work with it by changing the device type to a door sensor [also binary] or am I better finding a hardware sensor? If so, does anyone have recommendations for a compact door sensor that I can mount alongside my electromagnetic doorbell. Ultimately I’d like to be able to have Alexa announce when the doorbell was rung.
Today, I have any alarm system sensor in place; this can provide a notification from Vera that it was tripped [rung], but it doesn’t provide the Alexa announcement because the various sensors [though recognized by Vera with the GE Caddx app] aren’t recognized by Alexa.