Alexa Routine and a Vera Scene

Hi All,

I have an Alexa routine where the Ring Video Doorbell motion sensor triggers a foyer light that is z-wave controlled in Vera. This works fine, no issues. In Vera, as part of my deadbolt unlock scene, the same foyer light is triggered to turn on when the door is unlocked.

The result of this is walking near the door triggers the foyer light on and then when unlocking the deadbolt, the foyer light turns off and on quickly. It does this every time.

My expected outcome was since the light was already on, when Vera says turn a light on that’s already on it wouldn’t do anything since the state of the light is on.

What causes the light to go off between the Alexa routine triggered and the Vera scene running?

My use of the Ring motion sensor to turn the light on is that not all events triggering the Ring motion sensor at the door necessarily lead to the deadbolt being unlocked to trigger the Vera scene.

Any insight is appreciated.

I would like to eliminate the light turning off when the Vera scene runs. I don’t think the advanced action of toggle in the scene is what I want. I will note that in Alexa, there is a second routine to turn the light off when no motion is detected for 2 minutes. In my tests, I can guarantee when the foyer light turns off there has NOT been 2 minutes passed between the activities happening.

Thanks for any help!

What brand of light switch do you have?

It is a Linear WO15Z-1. It’s now replaced with new GE/Jasco zwave plus. So my apologies, I had to replace it die to that linear not working with the wiring after adding another new GE switch in the same box.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk