Alexa TTS (Text-To-Speech) [and more] plug-in for Vera

There should be a device.json file. Delete it to sync devices again.

I found 3 files in /storage/alexa called:

alexa.devicelist.all
alexa.devicelist.txt
alexa.devicelist.json

I renamed the last one but it made no diff.

login at your alexa UI in your browser (ie: alexa.amazon.com for en-US) and then call this into your browser:

https://${ALEXA}/api/devices-v2/device?cached=false

where ${alexa} is your alexa host. If you see your device here, it’s only a matter of cache (and deleting the files should help). This is the endpoint being called when trying to get the devices.

EDIT: deleting .alexa.devicelist.json file is enough to refresh the devices.

I had to delete all 3 .alexa.devicelist files to force the refresh but it’s now working. :sunglasses:

great! I will try to add a Refresh command right into the service definition, so it should be doable from the interface.

2 Likes

Nice that would be great!

Version 0.2.7 is on GitHub!

New features:

• Reset action to, well, reset your local files - thanks to @dJOS for reporting
  • If you have jq installed, it will automatically detect it and switch to the advanced version (so, we’re ready for 7.32)
  • Services are now correctly reported, so in AltUI you should see only supported ones (thanks to @ElCid for reporting).
  • No username/password are written in logs, only effective command
  • Volume features are already working - this was broken by Amazon, now it should be more robust
  • Fixed a couple of things in the code, now it should be more stable

Please pay attention that now we have more files, due to services being separated, so I suggest to download all the files, and eventually replace them on your controller.

Enjoy and let me know.

2 Likes

All working on veraplus, i had to reset the script with your reset code to get it to work, but after reset worked straight away.

Will now upload to openluup.

Working in openluup, now only one routine and one command action. Did not need to reset worked straight off

Will advise any further issues i may find.

It does log some amazon device id’s and serial number in debug mode Normal log is clear of any private/personnel info.

I haven’t updated to the latest Github version as yet, perhaps I should.

Alexa has started saying the word “Underscore” between each of my TTS words.

For example now it says “Operating Underscore Fireplace”

Where it used to say just “Operating Fireplace” etc.

Anyone else noticed this today ?

Vera Plus not OpenLuup setup.

Thanks

This just happened to me too.

1 Like

+1
I am on an oldish version of TTS on VeraPlus, nothing else has changed today.
Octo

This happens from time to time, when they change something on the backend. Let’s see if this stops, because it is hard coded into the bash script.

1 Like

Thought it was just me :slight_smile:
C

Ok this works as normal
there-is-some-one-at-the-door

That’s great

But was really hoping not to have manually change all my TTS text in all my scenes as there is a lot.

It may be an error from amazon, so may be sorted soon.

I can issue an hotfix if you guys want it. Not too difficult to do. Let me know, I already switched to announcements so I was not hit by this.

2 Likes

Ding-Dong-There-is-someone-at-the-door it is now with me.

What are announcements?

and :slight_smile: can’t you publish an app in the mios store :-)?

to be honest, it’s a PITA. I’m publishing 2-3 release per week, and they’re approving release every monday. Plus, the system is slow, old and very weird. I’ll do when it’s sable enough to not be updated so often.

Look at this: vera/VeraAlexa at master · dbochicchio/vera · GitHub (scroll to announcements).

Anyway, 0.2.8 is now released with this hotfix. It should be good, but let me know if you found anything.

1 Like