Alexa volume levels all devices at once

Hi All,
Here is something I have been struggling with and wanted to see if any of you have found a better way to do this. I want to adjust the volume level of all the echo’s in my home at the same time. EX: At 8pm, I would like the volume level of all echo’s to be 3, while during the day, I want the volume level to be 5. Anyone come up with a creative way to do this?

I have tried Amazon Alexa Routines, but these will only set the volume for one device at a time. I looked to see if there are Vera plugins to controls these settings, but was not successful.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

My plug-in for Vera can set volume (I use it, in fact, to set volume according to our sleep status).

Just use a code similar to this:
luup.call_action("urn:dlna-org:serviceId:DLNAMediaController1", "SetVolume", {DesiredVolume = 50, GroupZones = "Bedroom"}, 666)

where 666 is your device ID, and volume is from 0 to 100.

therealdb plugin is good, even tho it is in its early stages, there are other alternatives

You can also run a node-red server Node-RED. Works on many devices and easy to install. It will also give you many other usefull features. This a flow base user interface so building things is relativly easy, once you learn the basics. It has http in and out so can communicate with vera

Install the alexa remote nodes node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 (node) - Node-RED, this can be done from the palette within the browser interface. Once in stalled use the routine node to access speak, routines, volume, etc.

There is also a mios in out addon nodes node-red-contrib-mios (node) - Node-RED

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.