ALTHue : Feature Requests

thx. motion and also temperature, light sensor ( the Hue motion sensor is a great piece of HW and include the 3 sensors )[/quote]

One question: did you use URL hashcode change to detect hue motion sensor change or periodic check the change every xxx of seconds?

thx. motion and also temperature, light sensor ( the Hue motion sensor is a great piece of HW and include the 3 sensors )[/quote]

One question: did you use URL hashcode change to detect hue motion sensor change or periodic check the change every xxx of seconds?[/quote]
Polling. the refresh period variable allows to control the frequency. Do you have details or doc page explaining the other method? I did not see it in the Philips hue api spec

Have to give Karma for this…
Will it make its appearance in the Alt App Store?

yes when MCV approves it.
Plugin ID on MCV store is : 9066
easy install of v0.7 from store can be done by opening this url in your browser
http://:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePlugin&PluginNum=9066&Version=36116

[quote=“amg0, post:24, topic:199107”]yes when MCV approves it.
easy install of v0.7 from store can be done by opening this url in your browser[/quote]

…not in the AltAppStore ???

[quote=“akbooer, post:25, topic:199107”][quote=“amg0, post:24, topic:199107”]yes when MCV approves it.
easy install of v0.7 from store can be done by opening this url in your browser[/quote]

…not in the AltAppStore ???[/quote]
should be now.
had to fix a bug in ALTUI to publish it !!

Yup, that worked!

One question: did you use URL hashcode change to detect hue motion sensor change or periodic check the change every xxx of seconds?[/quote]
Polling. the refresh period variable allows to control the frequency. Do you have details or doc page explaining the other method? I did not see it in the Philips hue api spec[/quote]

I was just thinking another way to reduce the network to hue hub. I look at the response header and it does not have a last modified date so it seems nothing we can do.

Hello all, the plugin is now published on the MCV store
http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=9066

as well as on the Alternate App Store from ALTUI

Amg0: Something a little odd I discovered trying to install on Openluup. Once the plugin is installed, the iphone locator plugin stops working: it is no longer able to ping the iphone. Once I delete the althue plugin, the iphone locator works again…

Here’s just a wild guess…

…some of this code adds extra functions to the string library. This may cause incompatibilities between plugins.

I don’t think modifying system libraries in general is a good plan.

it works fine for me with both enabled , in UI7 and UI5.
please enable DEBUG on IphoneLocator, then reload luup and send me the logs

Not sure if this is “normal”. In a PLEG automation, I used setLoadLevel on a Hue light and nothing happened. Do I need to turn on first then set the level?

The official action name is the dimming service file is SetLoadLevelTarget not setloadlevel
I tried on a switched off light to call SetLoadLevelTarget with a proper parameter and it switched the light on

it works fine for me with both enabled , in UI7 and UI5.
please enable DEBUG on IphoneLocator, then reload luup and send me the logs which I have PMed you[/quote]

Ok. Will do. Will need some time as I will be out of time the rest of the week.

Edit: I was able to reproduce the problem 3 times by installing and uninstalling the ALTHue plugin. I found nothing useful in the logs.

+1 amg0.

The official action name is the dimming service file is SetLoadLevelTarget not setloadlevel
I tried on a switched off light to call SetLoadLevelTarget with a proper parameter and it switched the light on[/quote]

Yeah yeah, I didn’t use the “offical” name when I was posting, sorry ::slight_smile:

Anyways, it was about 2 minutes later I came back and updated my post saying NEVERMIND… but I don’t see it anywhere, so it must not have actually posted. It turns out that someone had turned the lamp off. Found out when I went into the plugin and looked at the “information” section.

On the flip side everything is working as it should (for me at least). I’m doing so re-org stuff over the next couple days. re-installing another pi with openLuup. Not sure if I want to move Hue off to that or not. I have two VeraPlus units already 1 for z-wave/zigbee one for virtual devices except for lights (Caseta and Hue). Still looking for more ideas on what to do with openLuup and that second VeraPlus box…

About ALTHue & IPhoneLocator issue on openluup

I have posted a fix on GitHub - amg0/ALTHue: Alternate Hue Plugin and on GitHub - amg0/IPhoneLocator: IPhone Locator plugin for Micasaverde VERA and openLuup for the issue. you can download and apply these new versions. I have a openluup running with both enabled right now

it does seem to come from the fact that device plugins openluup share the same instance of the global libraries ( like string ), so I avoided the conflict but other plugins could have the same issue. I ll check on mines

I’ve just checked, and it turns out that the Arduino (MySensors) plugin also modifies the string library, so if you’re running that, there may be problems too.

It’s easy to generate an error and terminate a plugin if it tries to do this. It turns out to be much harder to give each plugin its own set of system libraries. I may add an optional check to openLuup to catch this type of error in future. Apologies for any difficulties caused.

Thank you to both amg0 for the fix and akbooer for the idea and the openluup check.