ALTHue : Feature Requests

[quote=“amg0, post:59, topic:199107”][quote=“json, post:58, topic:199107”][quote=“amg0, post:56, topic:199107”]Ok then please follow the steps 1 to 4 so we see what happens
How exactly did you try to pair ?[/quote]
Hi,
Re-installed all files from Github this morning and everything works fine with ver 0.9! (Hmm, Dont know what i did yesterday evening but…)
All lamps are now showing up in the interface.
Big thanks for all support and kind help!![/quote]
Great, For the community could you please confirm the lamp name / type so that we know what is compatible ?[/quote]
Have tested IKEA and Phillips lamp:
Type Model Swversion Reachable
Color light IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI bulb E27 CWS opal 600lm 1.3.002 true
Color temperature IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI bulb E14 WS opal 400lm 1.2.217 true
Dimmable light Philips LWB010 1.29.0_r21169 true
Dimmable light Philips LWB010 1.29.0_r21169 true
Dimmable light IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI bulb GU10 W 400lm 1.2.214 true
Color temperature IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI bulb E27 WS opal 980lm 1.2.217 true
Dimmable light IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI bulb E27 W opal 1000lm 1.2.214 true
Color temperature IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI bulb E14 WS opal 400lm 1.2.217 true
Works GREAT!!

Thanks a lot

EDIT: I added a table of “seen working devices” on post #1

I think it’s time for me to invest in a Philips Hue Hub!

It’s interesting to see kit moving into the mainstream with suppliers like Philips. The good thing about the environment that we’re playing in, is that it makes it easy (thanks to folks like you all developing and testing here) to integrate other stuff. It’s why we bought Vera in the first place, and whilst Vera itself is slow on the uptake (and support) we’re not so dependent on that actual hardware now.

Purchasing from suppliers of domestic goods, rather than hobby shops for geeks (if you excuse me) also has the potential to raise the WAF enormously, and allay any fears about “who is going to fix it if you’re not around?”

Hi,

Will there be an edition that works with the IKEA gateway ??

Successfully moved my hue integration from the vera to openluup with this plugin! One more ste towards a lower Vera dependance. It is less cluttered, more responsive and one less factor in random luup reloads on the vera.

Many thanks for this new plugin! For some unknown reason the old plugin failed to start-up and I hadn’t gotten around to analyzing the problem yet. Installation of this new and shiny plugin restored my Hue integration.

One question: I can’t select the Hue bridge and select a Hue scene as part of a Vera scene. The Hue bridge doesn’t show in the list of devices while defining the Vera scene. For now, I defined each Hue light individually in the Vera scene. Should I be able to select a Hue scene, or is this by design?

[quote=“Ripley, post:66, topic:199107”]Many thanks for this new plugin! For some unknown reason the old plugin failed to start-up and I hadn?t gotten around to analyzing the problem yet. Installation of this new and shiny plugin restored my Hue integration.

One question: I can?t select the Hue bridge and select a Hue scene as part of a Vera scene. The Hue bridge doesn?t show in the list of devices while defining the Vera scene. For now, I defined each Hue light individually in the Vera scene. Should I be able to select a Hue scene, or is this by design?[/quote]

thank you for the feedback.

from a personal preference, I prefer to create my scene in vera and use the Hue lamp devices in it.
but otherwise, the AltHue device can be selected in the vera scene editor ( advanced mode ), and it offers a UPNP action called “RunHueScene” which accepts the Hue scene ID as a parameter

the Hue scene ID can be found by hovering the mouse over the Hue scene name that you want in the ALTHUE settings tab called “Hue Scenes”, in the future I may work on simplifying this but it is not clear how to uniquely identify a scene in Hue except this internal Hue ID. each Hue scenes can have the same name and be associated to an array of lights so to uniquely identify a scene you would need scene name and the array of lights which is not user convenient…

screen shot attached.

I wasn?t aware of the Advanced option in the scene editor. Thanks for the heads-up.

I agree that it?s cleaner to define the scene exclusively in Vera, but I find it cumbersome to select the desired intensity and color levels, as the lights do not immediately reflect the new values when you edit the scene. Editing the scene, waiting for Vera to restart, then test the scene, decide you want something changed, edit again, … awkward. Perhaps I?m doing something wrong?

[quote=“Ripley, post:68, topic:199107”]I wasn?t aware of the Advanced option in the scene editor. Thanks for the heads-up.

I agree that it?s cleaner to define the scene exclusively in Vera, but I find it cumbersome to select the desired intensity and color levels, as the lights do not immediately reflect the new values when you edit the scene. Editing the scene, waiting for Vera to restart, then test the scene, decide you want something changed, edit again, … awkward. Perhaps I?m doing something wrong?[/quote]
You are correct
It is a little bit better using altui and I will probably enhance the integration altui/Althue to additional level in the future but that won?t benefit ui7 users

A simple modification to make things easier would be to add an id field to the ALTHue scene table… That way a user can find the scene name and the lights that are affected and test it by running the scene… then easily copy the scene id to be input into the scene editor.

A simple modification to make things easier would be to add an id field to the ALTHue scene table… That way a user can find the scene name and the lights that are affected and test it by running the scene… then easily copy the scene id to be input into the scene editor.[/quote]
it is already in ( not in official version but in github )

Another idea is to show the RGBW values and make it possible to enter the digits manually in the editor.

Or to copy the actual RGBW values when you edit a scene, so you can set the lights manually, enter the scene editor, select ACTIONS, and the selected lights will use the present settings, unless you fiddle with them.

It?s not something you do on a daily basis, so for now I?ll manage. Very happy it?s working again!

[quote=“Ripley, post:72, topic:199107”]Another idea is to show the RGBW values and make it possible to enter the digits manually in the editor.

Or to copy the actual RGBW values when you edit a scene, so you can set the lights manually, enter the scene editor, select ACTIONS, and the selected lights will use the present settings, unless you fiddle with them.

It?s not something you do on a daily basis, so for now I?ll manage. Very happy it?s working again![/quote]

again the advanced scene editor allow you to select the RGBW device and select the SetColorRGB action and pass the actual RGB value as a parameter like “rr,gg,bb”

I really should start reading the FM :roll_eyes:

Is there also a place to read the current values?

[quote=“Ripley, post:74, topic:199107”]I really should start reading the FM :roll_eyes:

Is there also a place to read the current values?[/quote]

variable “CurrentColor” of the device
but the format is a bit different. it is something like 0=0,1=0,2=43,3=194,4=71
2 3 and 4 are the rgb values
check the MCV wiki

My devices don?t have this variable. They?re all Philips LCT007 (according to the device parms), and they have these variables: Status, Target, LoadLevelStatus, LoadLevelTarget.

This variable is currently only populated if the color of the bulb is changed from the GUI (UI7 or openLuup). The plugin does not (yet) set these variables from the data received from the bridge.

I have added support for that variable in v 0.96 on github

This update works for bulbs in colormode=“xy”, but will not update any bulbs in colormode=“ct” or colormode=“hs”. Any bulb that has been set to a specific color temperature in the hue app(s) will be in ct mode, and selecting certain color values in gamut B (older) bulbs will set them to “hs” mode.

Also note:

In ALTUI (under both UI7 and openLuup), the warm white/cool white selections sliders (for color temperature selection) are not displayed in the control panel… This appears to be an issue with processing the D_DimmableRGBLight1.json file.

Under openLuup, the color selection dropdown on the device page does not display the correct color, the color selection dropdown in the device control panel does display the correct color.