ALTUI : Alternate App Store

I do know how to get to that.

OK! So you can use its counterpart, scp, to copy files from your PC or whatever to Vera.

You need all the files in the GitHub repository, aside from the icon, and copy them to Vera’s /etc/cmh-ludl/ directory.

Once there, you can manually create the plugin using AltUI’s Create command on the device page. You need to specify the D_AltAppStore.xml and I_AltAppStore.xml files and give the plugin a name… perhaps AltAppStore.

@akbooer On publishing an app:

I think I’ve published an app - see “DALI Planet” ???

GitHub -->release --> release name or GitHub tag or branch name

Can you please provide some examples and is the “release” field compulsory

On the “Close/Create/Modify” buttons. Do these buttons apply to all the fields or just each subsection? ie “Application,device,GitHub,etc” Couldn’t the buttons just be Submit & Cancel?

Are you notified if compulsory fields are left out?

This post:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38102.msg291222.html#msg291222

suggests the json array syntax is not required. Can you please confirm or deny this :slight_smile:

Assuming I’m doing this right (I’m unsure if I am) I’ll try and publish some more.

[quote=“a-lurker, post:23, topic:192721”]@akbooer On publishing an app:

I think I’ve published an app - see “DALI Planet” ???

GitHub -->release --> release name or GitHub tag or branch name

Can you please provide some examples and is the “release” field compulsory

On the “Close/Create/Modify” buttons. Do these buttons apply to all the fields or just each subsection? ie “Application,device,GitHub,etc” Couldn’t the buttons just be Submit & Cancel?

Are you notified if compulsory fields are left out?

This post:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38102.msg291222.html#msg291222

suggests the json array syntax is not required. Can you please confirm or deny this :slight_smile:

Assuming I’m doing this right (I’m unsure if I am) I’ll try and publish some more.[/quote]

button applies to all sections
‘release’ field in the GitHub section enable to tell which GitHub release this plugin can be downloaded. it can be a branch name ( like “master” ) or a true release name that you have declared with GitHub. if left empty, it would mean this plugin version is not installable from Github ( could be the case if for instance you only publish your plugin in the VERA app store )

‘release’ field in the VERA section should contain the MCV app store version number of your published plugin version. same logic apply, if left empty it would mean this plugin version is not installable from VERA app store

I’ve removed the JSON syntax in the ‘folders’ field, and the plugin now appears in the store.

I’m sorry the interface is not as straight-forward as it might be, but the whole AltAppStore effort was the work of a committee and so we all had to make compromises for it to work both under Vera and openLuup!

@a-lurker

Your DALI plugin didn’t download because the release field was set to “0.52” but your have no tagged release of that name in GitHub (in fact, you don’t have any.)

I’ve changed this to “master” so that it picks up that branch instead, but if you plan different versions you should certainly created tagged releases.

I’ve also done the same for the EKM plugin.

HTH

Well after installing the app store plugin, stuffing around with github; both code and icons and then publishing the app; I’m surprised anything comes close to working - particularly on the parts, where I have been operating the keyboard.

So committee or no committee; it’s a great job by all and I’m happy I can open source my stuff.

I've changed this to "master" ... HTH

HTH Mais oui.

I’ll try a few more out over the next few days.

I added a couple more plugins. In one of them I accidentally left out the link to the plugin’s icon. On going back to the store and entering the plugin page, where the plugin would be found, resulted in the page just showing the spinning wheel. I would have expected to see the other plugins and my plugin to be non existent or just an empty box.

May be a default “error” icon may be useful? This error icon could be replaced by the correct icon, when the underlying code determines all the plugin info is OK and all the files downloaded?

I have updated the first post in this thread to include a Lua script file which may be used for first-time install of the AltAppStore plugin on UI5 and UI7 systems.

Upon opening the alternate appstore in Altui it opens. But then when I want to click on an app is says “failure” in the button coloured red.

I followed instructions on:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33309.0.html

What is wrong?

You have the AltAppStore plugin installed, then?

Uhm… :-[ I don’t know

Update: See what I see attached.

AltUI will display that page anyway, but you need the AltAppStore plugin installed for it to download anything.

I take it you’re running on Vera, so follow the latest install instructions on the first post of this thread.

[quote=“akbooer, post:33, topic:192721”]AltUI will display that page anyway, but you need the AltAppStore plugin installed for it to download anything.

I take it you’re running on Vera, so follow the latest install instructions on the first post of this thread.[/quote]

Yes, that did something…

Now when I pressed the install button for the domoticz app it turn green, but also an error comes up (attached). What should have happend?

I feel this is not as steady as it should be? correct? better to wait?

Yes running on Vera.

Regards.

Update: I installed the domoticz app an now got in vera:
Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA)[795] : Startup Lua Failed
Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA) 1[796] : Startup Lua Failed

But I assume this has nothing to do with the altappstore but with the domotics app?

Update2:
I also do not see in the altappstore the app is installed… but it is in vera.

Update3: oh gosh what did I start :-[
How can I remove that domoticz app?

Exactly this. It’s not an error, but a confirmation that the download instruction has been sent and the job started on Vera.

I feel this is not as steady as it should be? correct? better to wait?

No, I believe it’s very stable. We’ve barely changed anything since the day it went up, and it seems increasingly used (although maybe more on openLuup than on Vera.)

Update: I installed the domoticz app an now got in vera: Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA)[795] : Startup Lua Failed Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA) 1[796] : Startup Lua Failed

But I assume this has nothing to do with the altappstore but with the domotics app?

Yes. I guess that it needs configuring or something? Does that plugin actually run on Vera? Not sure.

Feature request: button to remove/uninstall apps… Icon if running on Vera/openluup/or not?

[quote=“Sender, post:34, topic:192721”]Update: I installed the domoticz app an now got in vera:
Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA)[795] : Startup Lua Failed
Domoticz Bridge (ALPHA) 1[796] : Startup Lua Failed[/quote]
I am the author of the Domoticz Bridge app… It is NOT meant to run on a real Vera… Only on an openLuup system (exactly like the Vera Bridge App from which it is forked…)… And it is - as stipulated on the App Store - an Alpha version, not fully tested and certainly only to be used in a very specific context.

I have the latest Vera Plus available. Firmware is latest and greatest.

I want to control a Yamaha RX-A3060BL receiver. Tried the “stock” plugin and it installs fine but no control of the receiver works.

Installed ALTUI and am trying to install the alternate Yamaha Network Control Plugin using HTTP plugin via the alternate appstore. Every download I try that has to be done via the ALT icon generates an instant FAILURE icon.

Any thoughts on why I can’t download any of these ALT plugins? Or alternatively, instrux anywhere on manually installing plugins?

A final BTW: All attempts to use the MiOS Marketplace fail with a message of You don’t have any unit to connect with. I’ve checked all the troubleshooting steps I can find on this issue. The Vera Plus is online and easy to reach on my network. The native Vera interface loads and works fine. The ALTUI interface loads and works fine. I’ve power-cycled the unit. No change.

Big thanks for any thoughts!

Chop

[quote=“ChopOMatic, post:38, topic:192721”]I have the latest Vera Plus available. Firmware is latest and greatest.

I want to control a Yamaha RX-A3060BL receiver. Tried the “stock” plugin and it installs fine but no control of the receiver works.

Installed ALTUI and am trying to install the alternate Yamaha Network Control Plugin using HTTP plugin via the alternate appstore. Every download I try that has to be done via the ALT icon generates an instant FAILURE icon.

Any thoughts on why I can’t download any of these ALT plugins? Or alternatively, instrux anywhere on manually installing plugins?

A final BTW: All attempts to use the MiOS Marketplace fail with a message of You don’t have any unit to connect with. I’ve checked all the troubleshooting steps I can find on this issue. The Vera Plus is online and easy to reach on my network. The native Vera interface loads and works fine. The ALTUI interface loads and works fine. I’ve power-cycled the unit. No change.

Big thanks for any thoughts!

Chop[/quote]

if you use VERA, the MiOS Marketplace should work. you probably need to address this issue to VERA support, maybe you miss some unit registration steps, not sure but vera support should be able to help here

for the install via the alternate app store, the first thing to do & check is if the “Alternate App Store” plugin has been installed before. this is a prerequisites to installing anything via the alternate app store. it is available here GitHub - akbooer/AltAppStore: Altui App Store plugin for Vera but you may want to contact akbooer for actual install instructions on VERA as I am not sure this is available on the app store. you may have to upload the files using App/Develop App file upload facility of UI7 then manually create a device specifying the D_xxx.xml file and I_xxx.xml file

@ChopOMatic

I created the Yamaha plugin and would like to see that it downloads OK through the AppStore. See also this link:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=38102.0