ALTUI newbie scene help

I just got my ALTUI/openLuup system working but I am again stuck.

I want to create a scene that is triggered every hour and turns on a Z-wave switch, delays 1 minute, then turns the switch off again. I cannot seem to get this working and I can find no documentation that helps me.

Regards.

While I know next to nothing about AltUI or OpenLuup, I do know that Reactor plug-in runs under both, and would be the optimal solution for the basic functionality you’re after.

There’s a reason it’s rated #1 in the community! Hope you give it a try.

• Libra
1 Like

Thanks LibraSun, I’ll look at it. But I can’t help feeling something as trivial as this should be achievable without a plugin.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if the answer isn’t as simple as:

1. Create a new Scene
  2. Select Trigger > Schedule
  3. Select Interval > Every __ (60) minutes
  4. Do the things you need and Save
  1. Create a new scene -Check
  2. Select trigger > Schedule -Bork, no schedule triggers shown, only device triggers
1 Like

Doesn’t sound right at all, does it.
Help, @rigpapa or @amg0?

I do not understand the issue, can you be more specific , step by step and share some screen shots ?

all you need to do is have 2 groups in the scene actions, first group turns on the switch, second groups programmed a few seconds later to turn it off. UI7, ALTUI perfectly support that use case

1 Like

I thought that this had all been solved in another place?

2 Likes

I must say this is quite unclear to me too. Anyhow here is an example of a scene of mine which switches on something and switches it off 4 hours later based on pure ALTUI scene editor

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in replying - I had some paid work to attend to :grinning:

OK, I have realized where I was going wrong, thanks for your help.

Regards.