ALTUI - Not all scenes are visible

Not all the scenes created in the main Vera page are visible in ALTUI. Anyone know why or suggest how to remedy?

Do you have a filter set in the AltUI display which would preclude desiplaying some of them?

Scenes do have an attribute called hidden, but this is generally only set for scenes which are created by notifications.

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing. I don’t think the observation from @adamhay is possible unless you put some filter on your scene display. It is rather the opposite: UI7 filters out the hidden scenes while ALTUI can show them.

Thanks for the comments. Whether ‘possible’ or not, I definitely have the problem. I cannot see all my scents in the “Scenes” screens. The only filter I can see in that screen is Room, and I have tried all the permutations of that, including “All” and “No Room”. Is thre some other filter, somewhere? Conversely though, all scenes are visible in the Table Scenes screen. I have run a 49451 data request to look at the scenes also and cannot see differences there
Any ideas? (Happy to send screenshot if necessary)

Sounds like a job for @amg0 !

please can you do these 2 things for me.

a)send me the scene ID that does not show properly
b)also go to MISC/Debug tools and chose javascript command and type: “MultiBox.getScenesSync()”. send me the result

thx

@amg0 Thanks for having a look at this. Attached are the debug output you wanted, a screenshot of Scenes, and a screenshot of Table Scenes. In them, in the room xLighting Moods (room 15), you can see “Dining Room Bright” visible in both, but “Living Mood One” only visible in Table Scenes.

adamhay Scenes debug output.pdf (296.2 KB)

I do not see the problem. do you get any message in the Chrome javascript console when you display the scenes ?

Both Living mood one and two seems to not appear, how did you create these scenes ? any special method ? have you tried to recreate these scenes from scratch ? or maybe edit it using ALtUI editor and force a resave of it ?

I must say I cannot see the problem either. All those scenes were created in the standard UI7 Vera gui, not in ALTUI. Having said that, even some scenes created in ALTUI are not visible.
I have tried editing and submitting Living Mood One in ALTUI and it still is not visible.
I have recreated Living Mood One as Living Mood five in ALTUI and it is visible
I then edited and saved that in the Vera Gui and it remained visible.
My personal money would be on some filter being carried into the Scenes screen which is delecting records based on a field which is not visible but I have no way/tools to test that. There is the option to carry over the room from the devices screen to scenes. I have deselected that now, but it had no effect. However maybe there is something else not being cleared down.

do you get any message in the Chrome javascript console when you display the scenes page ?

No message at all

Hi Amg,
I am suffering from the same issue. I have scenes visible under cmh that Altui does not show in the scenes mode. However, Altui does list the scenes under Misc>table watch.

Altui shows just 4 scenes upstairs:

under CMH I have 10 scenes:

I have run the getscenes js, GetScenes.zip (10.7 KB)

Overall, I have 75 scenes, but listing “All” in Altui only shows 21.
I am running AltUI v2.47.2539, veraplus 1.7.4955.

Happy to test / post any other info that may help debug.

Cheers
Octo

Glad it is not just me. I still have the problem

Running latest firmware on Vera Plus and same problem here…

Are these scenes created as notifications ?
ALTUI does not display scenes which are notifications ( was a previous users request )
any scene with scene.notification_only flag not null or 0 is not displayed
I see in your extract many scenes which seem to be notifications

Otherwise I need:
a)send me the scene ID that does not show properly

b)also go to MISC/Debug tools and chose javascript command and type: “MultiBox.getScenesSync()”. send me the result

C) Check for any message in the chrome console log while displaying the scene page

Thx

In my case

a) I have no scenes which are notification only, or even any that create notifications
b) I sent you that earlier
c) I have never seen any such messages

Thanks for all for contributing and to amg0 for taking the time to look at this

I sent a PM with my edited log. I think the chrome warning may be of some help though :

J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:2864 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘split’ of undefined
at Object._sceneDraw [as sceneDraw] (J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:2864)
at sceneDraw (J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:8232)
at _asyncResponse (J_ALTUI_verabox.js:1208)
at Object._getScenes [as getScenes] (J_ALTUI_verabox.js:1289)
at Object. (J_ALTUI_multibox.js:675)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
at Object._getScenes [as getScenes] (J_ALTUI_multibox.js:674)
at _drawScenes (J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:8522)
at k.fn.init._onClickRoomButton (J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:8228)
at HTMLButtonElement. (J_ALTUI_uimgr.js:6735)

Something else I forgot to add : this is on an up-to-date Vera Plus but set up from a Vera Lite backup, maybe it could be related (just thinking out loud)

can you both try the beta version on GitHub - amg0/ALTUI: Enhancement Interface for VERA home automation system
I cannot test ( remote from home right now ) but that could do it
probably affects scene created a long time ago
– thx

Uploaded the new J_ALTUI_uimgr.js and all my scenes seem to be back ! Looks like you squashed the bug, thanks !

I’ve just copied all files from the github master and uploaded them.
Looking room by room at my scenes I can now see them all (same as on CMH) - thanks.
:+1:
Cheers
Octo