Amazon alexa announcement if a vera device door sensor is open/close

Not yet, I will surely keep you posted, when the new skill is closing the release date.

It’s 2020 now, how much longer do we have to wait for this?

I can’t even create an Alexa routine to speak information using Vera devices as a trigger, which is really daft.

May wanna have a look at this in the mean time

2 Likes

Cheers, I’ll do that.

Its been only 5 months. Give them another 7 months :slight_smile:

Argh, I was so pumped but it doesn’t appear to support Amazon accounts with MFA. :cry:

If you go down a few posts there’s a guide to get the cookie file and bypass it I believe!

2 Likes

Well, if you have a spare machine with open luup, it could do it. It’s just missing a package on Vera to support it. I never tried it, but it should be doable by directly changing the .sh script.

Hi. This is now possible in Vera via the luup codes from therealdb. It can already do announcements if a door sensor is opened/closed and A LOT MORE! Alexa can even tell you your home summary similar to the dashboard page in a report format you specify, upon demand :smiley:

Hope Vera can support that initiative to lessen the learning curve on the implementation for other users and to open up more possibilities.

My concern now is if my veraplus has enough processing power and memory to run all my devices, scenes and luup codes. Looking forward to the veraplus upgrade from Ezlo teased few weeks ago