Amazon echo and Roller shutter

Hi Guys

Does the Amazon echo control also roller shutters and related scenes, or are these exempted as part of the security exempted items?

" The following devices are not allowed:
Door Locks
Garage Doors
Security Systems
Security Sensors
Cooking Appliances
Cameras "

Thanks

Roller shutters dont seem to be directly supported. You could use a virtual switch instead - so, get Alexa to trigger your virtual switch, and the virtual switch is then the trigger to start opening / closing your roller shutters.

Let me know if that doesnt make sense and I can expand.

Does anyone has any idea why roller shutters are not supported ?
It seems not reasonable to put a window shutter in the same group as a garage door.
It seems Vera should allow the user to decide if this is a security issue and not block everything

Nir

The vera implementation is not complete.
They have not supported roller shutters, temperature sensors and other kind of devices supported by Alexa for unknown reason.

You could write to support and ask them to think about supporting more device types in the future.

I took it with support and got that it is planned but there is no ETA :slightly_frowning_face:

If someone has any workaround it will be nice

Same response I got when asking for temperature devices.

The only workaround is to build two scenes, one for up and one for down movement.

Any news? I cannot use my roller shutters with Alexa yet

Why don’t you use therealdbs’ solution to build two scenes? I use my shutters with scenes and that works fine for me. Next to that using scene’s is handy as I also schedule these in holiday scenario’s. In Alexa I have a routine that runs the scene.