Amounts for of conditions/sub groups

I think I found my first limitation with Reactor. Today I wanted to add another sub group to a reactor sensor, but when I do it greys out the options for further conditions and sub groups.

Is there a max limit here? I have a total of 8 sub groups within the root group in one reactor sensor. Each sub group has from 2-6 condtions.

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth

There is no enforced limit to the number of groups, or how deeply groups are nested. There is probably a practical limit, particularly to the nesting, as the progressive indenting on the UI will eventually make the group hard to read/edit.

There are only two conditions under which the “Add Group” and “Add Condition” buttons are disabled: you have a condition with no assigned condition type (e.g. it shows “–choose–” on the condition type menu), or you have a condition group with no conditions at all. These are both validation errors that need to be corrected before editing can continue.

Now, there’s always a chance you’ve found a bug, so if your conditions are not as described above, steps to reproduce would be helpful, and I’ll get that rascal fixed.

I’ll attach a screenshot of the reactor sensor. Here you see all the details of how it’s built with all the sub groups and conditions. (For info, some of the text might be in Norwegian). At the bottom, I’ve tried to put in another sub group, and then everything is greyed out for all the different groups etc.!

If you need additional info, please let me know :slight_smile:

EDIT: Looks like I managed to put in one sub group two times in the screen. It’s just one in the reactor sensor.

What browser is this?

I’m using Chrome. Haven’t tried any other.

No idea what might cause the problem?

I have an idea, now I’m just confirming my suspicions… Mac, Win… ?

Win10. Same happens at work in win8

OK. I’ve got it. Install the current hotfix described in this topic.

Thanks, much appreciated! Worked perfectly! :slight_smile: You are a good man, Mr Patrick!

1 Like