Android equivalent?

I apologize if this isn’t the best forum for this but I didn’t know exactly where to pose the question. I know it’s been asked before but it has been a while it seems. Does anyone have anything similar to this iPhone Locator plugin for Android phones?

I know Google discontinued Latitude and that killed at least one plugin that was in development. I found that some HS guys are using followmee.com service for it with a plugin but there is a monthly fee to use their API to pull location information. Any other tricks out there you guys have up your sleeve to get Android device location info?

It’s neat to have my phone location on the Vera unit, it would be nice to have my wifes phone location available there as well. (and no, making her switch to iPhone will never happen, ha).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Most folks use only in/out of a geofence.
Many are put off by the recording position.
So an APP like this is going to to split the user community.
If you also need your automation to know if ANY or ALL are home or away … you can just use a GeoFence option.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer”]Most folks use only in/out of a geofence.
Many are put off by the recording position.
So an APP like this is going to to split the user community.
If you also need your automation to know if ANY or ALL are home or away … you can just use a GeoFence option.[/quote]
Does anyone have changing to away mode automatically with android? (iPhone works)

You can use my Android App Vera Proximity.

How do I activate vera away mode when both my IPhone and partners android are away but stay in home mode if one device is home?

How do I activate vera away mode when both my IPhone and partners android are away but stay in home mode if one device is home?[/quote]

You have the phones turn on and off a virtual switch in vera, then use logic to turn on and off home/away on when all of the virtual devices are away or anyone is home. Way before Vera even had it’s half baked home/away mode people were doing this with virtual devices and PLEG or some Logic.

How do I activate vera away mode when both my IPhone and partners android are away but stay in home mode if one device is home?[/quote]

You have the phones turn on and off a virtual switch in vera, then use logic to turn on and off home/away on when all of the virtual devices are away or anyone is home. Way before Vera even had it’s half baked home/away mode people were doing this with virtual devices and PLEG or some Logic.[/quote]
Thanks sounds achievable for a noob. What IOS app would be best to adjust the vera virtual switch? I will try iOS with moos vera app to trigger a virtual switch first as it seems reasonably reliable on IOS.

The Android app "Vera Proximity " works great but the IOS mios vera app not so great.

My wife has an iPhone7 and I have a Samsung S5. Both of us have the vera app installed, have our own accounts logged in, have geofencing in the app turned on and set with a fence around our street. The check boxes for “this is my home” and the “set house to away” functions are checked. It works great. The house stays in home mode if just one of us leave, the house goes into away mode when the last one leaves.

I do have a large enough geofence that it is unlikely we will “bounce” out and in due to GPS variables. I do have a 45 second delay on a change from home to any mode to act as a buffer. We both carry phones that dont shut down GPS to the point that they wont send the signal. My phone could be asleep on the center console for 2 hours of driving and it will still trip the fence when I cross it. Several phones out there shut down all GPS when they sleep and wont trip a fence until the phone is woken back up.

My wife has an iPhone7 and I have a Samsung S5. Both of us have the vera app installed, have our own accounts logged in, have geofencing in the app turned on and set with a fence around our street. The check boxes for “this is my home” and the “set house to away” functions are checked. It works great. The house stays in home mode if just one of us leave, the house goes into away mode when the last one leaves.

I do have a large enough geofence that it is unlikely we will “bounce” out and in due to GPS variables. I do have a 45 second delay on a change from home to any mode to act as a buffer. We both carry phones that dont shut down GPS to the point that they wont send the signal. My phone could be asleep on the center console for 2 hours of driving and it will still trip the fence when I cross it. Several phones out there shut down all GPS when they sleep and wont trip a fence until the phone is woken back up.[/quote]
Strange that the "Vera Proximity " app worked 3/3 tests and mios vera app for android worked 0/3tests with the same phone, both setup as per app requirements