Any plan on adding geofencing/Ibeacon in HW ?

If I may, is there any chances that geofencing/ibeacon detection being added soon ?

I’m actually working with a parallel application (BEECON) and RadBeacon USB Ibeacon to start devices via URL calls to Vera but this is not a neet implementation and I’m pretty sure that many users in the Vera community using HomeWave would gain if this was added.

Thanks again for all your work, this is much appreciated.

For whom it may interest, here are my actual implementations:

• open garage door when i’m “near” the garage door
  • close the garage door when I enter the house
  • open the outside light when I arrive home and it’s dark
  • open the light inside the lobby when I arrive and sun is down
  • close all house light when both my wife and I are in the bedroom
  • close all the lights out in the house except the living room when we are listening TV
  • turn off the sprinkler system if I go out and the system is running
  • turn on the yard light when we are having diner outside

still having issues with some “far” applications, the signal strenght is quite variable depending on temperature, humidity and good knows what …

I’ve started the design of the Geofencing function. I plan to add this in the next version, but I don’t know if it’ll support ibeacons yet.

I would be very interested in Geofencing and iBeacon support as well. I have used HomeWave from the beginning and downloaded the free version of VeraMate to see if I liked it and I would much rater use HomeWave. Not a big fan of the VeraMate interface. I have ordered iBeacons because my missus hates using her phone location services and would much rather use the iBeacons for location based automation. I hope you consider this!

My geofencing is working. Not sure what is meant by adding, isn’t it already added?

Hi intveltr

has there been any development on the beacon geofencing ? you’ve mentionned that it could be in a next release

thanks for the good job

It’s in progress but not going in the next release. Development has been very slow due to other work and I want to release 2.0 a bit early, without putting in everything that I wanted to

What is the progress of the beacon function? I have a beacon at home and it would be nice to let it trigger functions.

Not much to report. I am currently adding Pin code management, another feature promised ages ago…

How is the GeoFencing coming?

It’s on hold at the moment, I have too many other projects right now and can’t spend too much time on the app unfortunately.

Bummer.