Any way to do EMAIL only notifications?

I’m new to this Vera stuff so I’ve been doing a lot of testing with my devices. Needless to say I’ve hit the limit for how many text alerts I can have. I’d rather not be using text, but instead just email notifications or a portable light I can carry around w/ me to show like… flash when I’m detected by my motion sensors. SO I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to do email-only alerts. Whether that be through a plugin or on it’s own?
  2. Is there a portable battery powered light devices that I can alert to with a flashing light or color when my triggers are triggered?
  1. Yes, you can try the SMTP email plugin. This is the UI7 version: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11510.msg235692.html#msg235692

2. You can configure some of these alarm type devices to be lights only (no siren) and then maybe it would do what you want. I’ve never tried it.
    https://www.amazon.com/VISION-ZM1601US-5-Z-wave-Wireless-Battery/dp/B01GQW2YC2/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1535387124&sr=1-4&keywords=zwave+alarm

Maybe it’s worth to look into the VeraAlerts plugin, this allows e-mailing (with an SMTP server from your provider) and also notifications on your smartphone (Pushbullet / Pushover).

http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/VeraAlerts

and

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?board=21.0

[quote=“Driven07, post:1, topic:199702”]I’m new to this Vera stuff so I’ve been doing a lot of testing with my devices. Needless to say I’ve hit the limit for how many text alerts I can have. I’d rather not be using text, but instead just email notifications or a portable light I can carry around w/ me to show like… flash when I’m detected by my motion sensors. SO I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to do email-only alerts. Whether that be through a plugin or on it’s own?
  2. Is there a portable battery powered light devices that I can alert to with a flashing light or color when my triggers are triggered?[/quote]

Hello Driven07, there is also a way to disable Text/Push Notifications on Vera as well, login on your account and go to: Users & Account Info → User Info. On this page you will have a few “Check Boxes” which Enable/Disable Text/Push/Email notifications.

Also, increase your Email Notification limit, by going to: Users & Account Info → Notification Limits, check the “Unlimited” box in the right side.

You could also look into the options that our community came up with, it’s pretty solid.

All the best!

I downloaded VeraAlerts and I got it working with “Pushover” but now every time an alert occurs I get it on SMS, Email, as well as Pushover. Is there a way to choose the messaging platform on a “PER NOTIFICATION” basis. For instance if the system goes offline, or a burglary is triggered, I absolutely want a text and not an email. But if I’m testing something I’d like it to be “pushover” only.

Anyone know if there a way to choose the messaging platform on a “PER NOTIFICATION” basis. For instance burglary versus a light was left on?

I use Luup-code in my scenes to send out notifications, like this:

luup.call_action(‘urn:richardgreen:serviceId:VeraAlert1’,‘DeviceNotification’, {Msg=‘This is the message’, Name=‘AlertName’, Description=‘AlertDescription’, DeviceID=0, HouseModeMask=undefined, Service=‘’, Variables=‘’, Recipients =‘recipients’}, deviceNo)

Replace:

• Msg = your message
  • Name = name of your message (used internally only)
  • Description = description of your alert (used internally only)
  • Receipents = list of receipents as defined in the VeraAlerts plugin, use %20 for multiple recipients, recipient1%20recipient2
  • deviceNo = replace this with the device No. of the VeraAlerts plugin device, you can find this if you go to the VeraAlerts device, click → and choose Edit. The deviceNo is on top between brackets (VeraAlerts [32] = device number 32 for example).

Edit: you can create multiple recipients in VeraAlerts, and define email and/or push messages per recipient.