App Store Down? Again

Anyone else having issues accessing the App Store? Trying to install an app and it is blank.

I have also had problems installing apps for the last few weeks. My bad for failing to reporting this to support (attn @Sorin).

Front-end (where developers post plugins and updates to them) has had a few bumps over the last few months but nothing out of the ordinary. Back-end/install seems much less stable lately. When it works, it just works quickly and done. With unusually high frequency, it may either take a long time (with many error messages logged), or it fails altogether and I have to try again. Since I usually post my plugin updates and test deployment on Sunday afternoons (US Eastern) to meet Vera’s approval deadline, this is the time when I have experienced the most problems, but not exclusively.

I just ran an install as I wrote this and it worked flawlessly. If I experience the alternate behavior, I’ll post the log messages.

1 Like

I’ve seen similar behavior—my bad for not mentioning it. As @rigpapa says, when it works, it is very fast and done.

I’ve just talked with the Network Operations Team, and we’ve replaced and updated most of our hardware infrastructure but we didn’t get yet to the apps server. It is on our short list to move it to a brand new server.

2 Likes

@sorin—thanks for the update!

I’ve had the best luck if I first login to https://home.getvera.com portal and then navigate to my local Vera Plus via the Connect before clicking Apps->Install apps.

That has been my experience as well since I updated to the latest firmware.

I hear you, but that is a workaround and not how it is supposed to work. IMO

I tried doing it the way you said, which shows that my Vera is offline, however it is working fine. Need to create a support ticket.

Yes, you should have Support look into it. I had one of three controllers that would routinely go “offline” and even rebooting would not recover the connection reliably. Support investigated and found a configuration issue for my Vera on their backend system (some bit improperly set). Once the updated the config, all my Veras stay online.

That said, the offline state is a distinct and separate problem from being able to install apps from the online catalog. Once Support addresses your connectivity problem, you should be go to go for installing apps if you are “logged in” before navigating to Apps->Install.

1 Like