Associate a reactor device with an aeontec doorbell 6

Hello, I’ve bought an aeotec doorbell 6 with a button (on 433Mhz). works flawlessly! Now I want to address the zwave part, and surprise…vera has not adopted this one and only availaible zwave door bell in Europe. Only as a generic zwave device… Sand a ticket to aeotec and they replied promptly that I had to try to associate group 4. When I do this, I cannot see any sensefull device there. I would like to have a reactor device act upon this group 4 message. I tried, but cannot save the reactor device in the associationlist of the doorbell (root device). So it is vicious circle. Can I firstly create a reactor device to which I can associate my root doorbell device? And secondly, which parameter has to be tested in the reactor device to see if my bell has sound. This is essentially what aeontec told me:
Try Associating Group #4 of Doorbell 6 to Vera and see if you can get some updates when the button is pushed.
Typically, a Notification Report should be sent when the Doorbell 6 is playing.
These are the identifications that happen when Doorbell 6 is playing or stops playing:
Notification Report (Type=0x0E; Event=0x01):
Issued when Chime is playing tone.
Notification Report (Type=0x0E; Event=0x00):
Issued when Chime stops playing tone.

I firstly tried virtual button and switchboard, but neither of them is having association parameters
Best regards, Olivier

Association is a Z-Wave feature, and Reactor devices are not Z-Wave devices (and cannot be). Actually, it’s a major purpose of controllers like Vera to make devices that cannot otherwise be associated interoperate as if they were, but it requires that the controller support both devices. Future firmware may have features (they’ve been requested) to let us work around issues like this.

Hello Patrick, thanks for your fast reply. Do I understand it is not possible to fetch statuses published on the zwave controller? when I try to associate the bell, I have two devices ‘not listed’, zwave and _scenecontroller. Any idea of the function of these and the interacting possibilities with a reactor device? I try to guess the function of that associating thing : if you activate it, the device will send immediately to the associated device a message (without going through the controller), in my case the message will contain Notification Report (Type=0x0E; Event=0x01) for the start of the chime. As I can choose zwave I imagine it will be send to the controller. So if one or other way I coild listen to the messages of group 4, I just have to wait until such a message contains the right report…no?

Else I’ll have to wait until vera decides to include the doorbell 6 in the supported devices… best regards

Olivier

You can fetch any state variable that is available on the controller in Reactor. The problem you have is that the device isn’t supported, so the controller doesn’t create any useful devices or device state variables related to its status–there’s nothing there to fetch. When Vera supports the device, they are literally translating whatever comes back from the controller into state variables and actions.

Ok thanks for your effort, I appreciate that!