August Door Lock

Trying to find a door lock that will integrate into my Vera Plus. Tried Danalock in the past but was less than impressed. Wondering about August - their hardware gets good reviews, but am struggling to figure out how to get it to be controllable from within Vera. I noticed that you can link your August lock to Wink - with the Wink Connect App would I then be able to view & control the August lock?

Tried searching but couldn’t see a reference one way or another.

Looking at their website, it looks like it is tied to Apple Homekit and and/or Bluetooth, with a Wi-Fi hub you can buy. Unless the hub has a published API, it may be difficult to have 2 way communication between the lock and Vera.

Thanks. I have the Wifi hub … what I was hoping is that the August Lock would talk to Wink, and via the Wink Connect app it would talk to Vera … not ideal of course, but was thinking it might be a workaround.

And I’m assuming that you don’t want a z-wave lock for some reason or another?

Love to, but as I’m in a condo I can’t replace the outside portion of the lock. There are limited options for this, and the only one that has ZWave integrated is Danalock. I tried their product previously and didn’t find it was reliable. August has the greatest install base and best reviews … just need to figure out how to get it integrated into my Vera somehow!

Got it!

Plus it is kinda cool looking 8)

Ehhh, that’s very subjective and sounds like an Apple and/or Nest user would say. “looks cool”