AutHomation 2.0.3.0 Release

Please provide any issues and/or feedback for the official release of AutHomation/AutHomationHD 2.0 here.

• Garrett

strange, I couldn’t find the 2.0 version, only the 1.4 (for both the regular and HD). I assume it’s also made available outside the US?

Google must have not made it available yet. Hopefully it should be published soon.

• Garrett

I love the new layout - 2 things, any way of showing and toggling my virtual switches? (HomeBuddy does) and I’d love to be able to add scenes and/or devices to the home screens as widgets or app actions?

thanks,

M

Third party plugins like the virtual switch from the app store (by chixxi) will be added in a future release and will require a newer firmware for Vera (1.5.372 or higher). The reason for this is that AutHomation uses lu_sdata to retrieve the data about vera. Using lu_sdata has it’s advantages and disadvantages. The good is that it is very small in size to retrieve. This allows for faster retrieval of the data over mobile connections and speed to parse the data. The bad is that it does not include all of the data about the devices that user_data would have. HomeBuddy uses user_data and is able to get the requires information. Lu_sdata is about 20 times smaller than user_data.

MCV has added a api call that I can use to call in the app when first getting information on the devices to retrieve the information that i need. This will only be available in UI5 version 1.5.372 or newer (currently in beta form). I plan to add this into the next version. This will allow me to better support 3rd party plugins.

Adding widgets to the home screen is another feature I have planned in the next version of the app. I do not have a time frame when this will be added though.

• Garrett

Thanks for the explanation. That also explains why homebuddy is so much slower…

Yup … not up at Google yet . looking forward to it. @garretwp … thanls for all your work!!

I just checked, both apps show the new version in the play store.

• Garrett

Maybe my elder brain, but it says I already have it?? Down loaded one of your other releases from your site. Maybe I will take some old age pills …LOL

If you go to the following link, it should be the most current release:

https://www.wuala.com/garrettwp/Android/AutHomation/Releases/?key=LdQaEWPoonM4

I believe the reason it is not allowing you to update to the current release is that version 2.0.2.0 has an internal version number of 10, where as 2.0.3.0 has the same version number. Google uses that internal number to figure out if an update is needed. I did not change this number as there were not any major changes made between 2.0.2.0 and 2.0.3.0.

• Garrett

@Garrett … thanks for straightening the old guy:-}

2 things…

1. My Elk M1G is not showing correctly under partition 1 - it’s just a question mark. It did work in the previous official release.
  2. Talking about virtual switches… I’m using them with an I-file and they work just fine. Is there a reason they would work for me, but not through the plugin as mentioned above? I’m using UI4 still, is that why? Just trying to understand more here.

One other thing… is it at all possible to have an option to make the tiles not send commands until selected when they are brought to the front? A simple scroll through my lights is awkward making sure not to touch any dimmer sliders.

Thanks!

[quote=“Video321, post:12, topic:171696”]2 things…

1. My Elk M1G is not showing correctly under partition 1 - it’s just a question mark. It did work in the previous official release.
  2. Talking about virtual switches… I’m using them with an I-file and they work just fine. Is there a reason they would work for me, but not through the plugin as mentioned above? I’m using UI4 still, is that why? Just trying to understand more here.

One other thing… is it at all possible to have an option to make the tiles not send commands until selected when they are brought to the front? A simple scroll through my lights is awkward making sure not to touch any dimmer sliders.

Thanks![/quote]
The Elk partition not showing up might be related to UI4. I’m running UI5 and my partition is showing up normal. Also you can hide the sliders on the tiles in the app settings. It makes it alot easier to scroll.

John

As John mentioned, the partition not showing up could be UI4 related. If you are willing to send me your lu_sdata, I can look to see what is going on. UI5 has brought a lot of enhancements to the lu_sdata that I use to parse. The next UI5 firmware will allow me to implement 3rd party plugins upon request as it will allow me to retrieve the devicetype to distinguish what type of device it is. One of the reasons why the virtual switch from the app store does not show up.

As for the slider on the tiles, I have researched this in the past and Android has no easy way to prevent from miss firing of the slider when scrolling. In prior releases, I had the option to hide the slider and a tap would reveal it. In 2.0, you can go into settings and have the slider be replaced by on/off buttons and a tap of the tile would reveal the buttons and slider for more refine control. When scrolling I avoid touching near the slider.

• Garrett

The security partition fixed itself ???

So that is to mean the option is gone from this release? I had switched it to on/off mode hoping for that to show when I selected a tile, but it didn’t. I guess I’ll have to be extra carful scrolling through.

Garrett I just noticed under my Elk partition tile where the room name is normally displayed it just shows “Small Text”

John

Jwiz,

It should show the vendor status. Not sure if the elk has this data. I’ll have to look at your json data I have saved. And figure out where to go from there. I’ll post a version update in the next few days with fixes.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:17, topic:171696”]Jwiz,

It should show the vendor status. Not sure if the elk has this data. I’ll have to look at your json data I have saved. And figure out where to go from there. I’ll post a version update in the next few days with fixes.

• Garrett[/quote]
    OK

Thanks
John

I just installed ICS on my HP TouchPad (CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 2). No issues getting things up and running.

For others trying it, I do get an error when I hit the voice recognition button. However, it looks like it is not limited to AutHomati0on HD. I know with CyanogenMod, the audio “is a mess” so I’m not surprised. I know they have audio out working (can hear keyboard sounds and Netflix) but I don’t think the microphone input is supported yet. It is supported in some nightlies, so I’ll keep trying and maybe I can get there.

Hi Garrett.

Minor “bug” (not really a bug): on a SGS phone, the button label “Disarmed” is on two lines (the last"d" is on a second line). No solution for that ? I imagine that it depends on screen size ?

Regarding the status you display at the top with a green backgroup: where do you get the information ? Is it from the state variable “Alarm” ?