AutHomationHD 3.3.1.4 Beta

There will be cosmetic issues / inconsistencies, incomplete features and device support as well as bugs. Here is a list of changes in this version:

MMS / UI6 ACCESS:

For remote access. If you already have your Vera with UI6 added into the app, you’ll need to go into Manage Veras → Edit Vera:
Enter username
Enter password
Select MMS

To add a new Vera with UI6. Go to Manage Veras → Add Vera. Follow the on screen tutorial.

Version: 3.3.1.4:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/07/17

Fixed: MMS Authentication bug fixes.
Fixed: Voice Recognition bug fixes.
Fixed: Code clean up.

Version: 3.3.1.3:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/07/05

Feature: Added “Keep Screen On” option.
Fixed: MMS server addresses.

Version: 3.3.1.2:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/05/25

Fixed: Unix time stamp conversion.
Fixed: Force connection check on app start.
Fixed: Minor bug fixes.

Version: 3.3.1.1:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/04/19

Feature: Added On / Off Status for Sonos and DLNA Devices.
Feature: Added Radio Thermostat support.

Version: 3.3.1.0:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/04/16

Feature: Added cover art / song info for Squeezebox, Sonos, and DLNA card view.
Feature: Added the ability to put Vera into include / exclude mode.
Feature: Add card views for Window Covering, Google Calendar and PLEG.
Feature: Added energy mode to HVAC device dialog.
Fixed: Sonos repeat and shuffle buttons.

Version: 3.3.0.5:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/03/20

Fixed: Made a few minor changes to Voice Recognition to improve accuracy.
Fixed: Crash for Voice Recognition when speaking a command.

Version: 3.3.0.4:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/03/19

Feature: Card View for Sonos, Squeezebox, DLNA, Russound, Combination Switch, and Day and Night plugins.
Feature: MutliSwitch Card View support.
Feature: Overhauled UI icons.
Feature: Many UI tweaks.
Fixed: Sonos fixes (still an issue with repeat button function).
Fixed: Various bug fixes and tweaks.

Version: 3.3.0.3:

Direct Download

Updated 2014/02/28

Feature: MultiSwitch label support.
Feature: MutliSwitch Card View support.
Fixed: Voice Recognition HotWord detection beep issues.
Fixed: various bug fixes and tweaks.

Version: 3.3.0.2:

Updated 2014/02/25

Feature: Support for UI6 / MMS Authentication (still need to add Auto Configuration Option).
Feature: Ability to send log data via email. Located in Settings → Development Settings → Send Log Data
Feature: MultiSwitch Plugin Support.
Feature: Virtual Motion Sensor Plugin Support.
Feature: MultiSwitch custom intent support (Shortcut / Tasker).
Fixed: various bug fixes and tweaks.

For remote access. If you already have your Vera with UI6 added into the app, you’ll need to go into Manage Veras → Edit Vera:
Enter username
Enter password
Select MMS

To add a new Vera with UI6. Go to Manage Veras → Add Vera. Follow the on screen tutorial.

There may be a possibility that any home screen shortcuts will stop working. This looks like some sort of Android bug due to changing the version number.

Version: 3.2.1.6:

Updated 2014/01/27

Fixed: Bug where app would crash on trying to load vera connection data in GetDataService. This would also happen if auto refresh was not enabled.

Version: 3.2.1.5:

Updated 2014/01/23

Feature: Added option for user to submit Vera data from app via email. Located in Settings → Development Settings → Send Vera Data.
Fixed: Updated Nest plugin support to accommodate current Nest plugin changes.
Fixed: Cleaned up code.

Version 3.2.1.4:

Updated: 2014/01/06

Feature: New crash reporting tool. Will now prompt to email log output as well as option to include vera data. Can be disabled.
Feature: Added Discrete Power, Toggle Power and HA Device Toggle to custom intent / Tasker / Home screen shortcut.
Feature: Moved auto connection switching option into individual Vera connection details. This can be enabled / disabled by editing the vera connection details under “Manage Veras”. This will need to be re-enabled if you had this set in the settings section.
Fixed: Voice recognition accuracy. (I was accidentally comparing the escaped names to the the vera database to find the correct match)
Fixed: Voice recognition crashing for some users. (Due to special characters in names)
Fixed: Greatly enhanced the auto connection switching speed. It should now only take a few seconds to figure out which connection to use.
Fixed: Small bug fixes and UI tweaks.

Version 3.2.1.3:

Updated: 2013/12/27

Feature: Using new library for Card View (Experimental).
Feature: Using new library for pull to refresh (Simulates Gmail pull to refresh).
Feature: Add card view support for the following devices / plugins: Scenes, Variable Container, Weather, Alarm Panel, ISY Controller, Energy Meter.
Feature: Added support for the PowerArithmetic plugin.
Feature: Added backup / restore option (Experimental and needs thorough testing).
Fixed: Issue where app settings would be cleared (hopefully fixed).
Fixed: Updated code to enhance switching between local and remote connections.
Fixed: When sending a command and on local connection, if the command fails to send via local connection, it will try and send via remote servers. This should help with auto connection switching issues. E.g. Tasker firing a task before connection can fully switch over to new connection.
Fixed: Minor tweaks and bug fixes.

Version 3.2.1.2:

Updated: 2013/12/11

Fixed: The ability to toggle repeat and shuffle for Squeezebox, Sonos, and DLNA Media plugin.
Fixed: Some Russound bugs and cleaned up the UI.
Feature: Added support for WifiRTS device (window covering).
Fixed: Switched the ISY fanlinc to use 0-100 values for fan speed. (Per changes in the ISY plugin)
Fixed: Other minor issues / bugs.

Version 3.2.1.1:

Updated: 2013/12/01

Feature: Hotword voice detection (experimental) See below
Feature: DLNA Plugin support (needs testing)
Feature: Russound Plugin support (needs testing)
Feature: Variable container intent support (plus Tasker and Homescreen support) See below
Feature: Notifications instead of toast message for Sending command failure / success
Feature: Bluetooth data connection support
Feature: AV Input service intent. See below
Fixed: Sonos plugin support
Fixed: MiLight plugin support
Fixed: Send command retry bugs
Fixed: Minor bugs and UI

Voice Recognition Hotword detection:

You can enable this in the “Voice Recognition” settings. This is a very experimental feature and has only been tested on a very limited set of devices. Use at your own risk. When enabled, you can say “OK Vera” and it will activate the voice recognition portion of the app. This will only work while inside of the app.

Variable Container intent:

Set variable name:
authomation://device/veraid/deviceid/vcontainer/name/1/newname

Where veraid is your vera unit id, deviceid is the variable container id, 1 is the variable to change and newname is the name you want to use.

Set Variable Value:
authomation://device/veraid/deviceid/vcontainer/value/1/newvalue

Where veraid is your vera unit id, deviceid is the variable container id, 1 is the variable to change and newvalue is the value you want to use.

AV Input Selection:

Set av input to 1:
authomation://device/veraid/deviceid/av/input/1

Where veraid is your vera unit id, deviceid is the av device id, 1 is the input to change to.

Version 3.2.1.0:

Updated: 2013/11/08

Feature: Re-worked Voice Recognition backend, it now uses fuzzy logic using the frej library and will allow for support in other languages (I hope).
Feature: Re-worked the backend that retrieves the vera data. When using the auto refresh option it will now maintain a connection with Vera and will update as new data happens. Almost real time update.
Feature: Re-worked the components that send commands to vera, this runs in the background as well as the custom intent service and will allow your commands to be sent simultaneously. It will also try and resend the command if it fails.
Feature: Added Categories section. You can now show your devices by category.
Feature: Ability to use custom icons when creating Device / Scene Home Screen shortcuts.
Feature: You can sort by Room when in Categories or Favorites section.
Feature: Re-worked the auto connection switching code. Hopefully it performs better.
Feature: Connection status indicator at the lower left corner of the screen. Cloud = Remote, Home = Local, Triangle with exclamation point = connection issues, Octagon with exclamation point = not connected.
Feature: Added support for MiLight White, RGB, and RGBW lights.
Feature: Added support for Philips Hue Bulbs (still working on UI e.g. tile view).
Feature: Experimental card view (like google now). Only works well in phone layout. Running into some road blocks.
Feature: Lots of minor UI tweaks.
Feature: Lots of bug fixes, hopefully with the many changes I did not create more!

The list is incomplete and will be updated as I remember more changes I have done.

• Garrett

Garrett, I subscribed for beta testing few days ago. But I can’t see it. Do you need to approve or so?

Hi Garrett,

Any chance to support virtual rain sensor device?

I’ll add it to the list but I can not say when it will be supported.

• Garrett

Looks like the Vera "maintanance " broke the remote access (UI6). I get a 500 error, so I updated the sever address, looks like they changed it last night to:

vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com

Now I get a MMS unknown auth error.

Any ideas?

Hi Garret. Just loaded the latest beta. I like the new ‘Card’ design. Great work. In regard the tiles. I notice now they goto 100% width. Any chance of have an option of 100% and the smaller square tiles.

Many thanks

[quote=“col8eral, post:6, topic:181280”]Hi Garret. Just loaded the latest beta. I like the new ‘Card’ design. Great work. In regard the tiles. I notice now they goto 100% width. Any chance of have an option of 100% and the smaller square tiles.

Many thanks[/quote]

I am not sure I understand? Do you want the smaller tiles to be 100% like the card view?

• Garrett

In the previous version the tiles were square and you could get more than one on a line. In the beta version the tiles go 100% width. I wondered if there could be an option to select either 100% width or a fixed sqaure tile size. It was just a suggestion.

The tiles should be square. What type of device are you using.

• Garrett

I am not sure if Vera changed something but the new address is working now.
era-us-oem-relay11.mios.com

Just installed the latest beta on my secondary HP Touchpad with CM9. Nice job!
Tiles are square when selected tiles, when selecting compact tiles they halve size vertically but stay teh same size horizontally. No issue there as the info on them has to have a place to go. The cards are a really nice touch.

Any chance on implementing my earlier config request to override the Android screen sleep? I use the app at work to keep an eye on my dogs and that screen blanking is a nuisance. I had to revert to using the competition as they have implemented it. My Touchpad is on a Touchstone charger at work so battery life is a non-issue. The thread is at http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,25582.0.html

[quote=“garrettwp, post:9, topic:181280”]The tiles should be square. What type of device are you using.

• Garrett[/quote]

Im using a Huawei G300 Ascend running Android 4.0.4

Anybody else having issues with automation HD 3.3.1.2? I can’t access my vera devices via cell.

Yes see my previous posts…

Change your server settings to
vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com

I’ll try and get a small update out today with the new servers in place. I need to find time to implement the auto configuration for MMS which should dynamically use the correct servers without hard coding them.

• Garrett

I’m at work today and finally got 30 minutes of down time so I can test the latest beta from my work public WiFi network. (wireless N with a decent bandwidth)

The good:

1. Support for Multiswitch works great. I use it for presence and it is correctly showing my smart phones to be not connected. (Button text is grey) It shows my server and DNS are pingable (Button text is black) I verified via the dashboard.

2. No connection issues for a Vera 3 running UI5

3. Correctly shows the System Monitor device giving me load in % and free memory

4. I like the new icons, Simpler and cleaner than the old ones. Easier to see at a glance what the status is.

The bad:

1. It’s not able to display any images from my cameras in the tiles/cards. States ‘Image Unavailable’. It correctly has read the motion sensors and all other devices. If I click on a camera, it will actually display the image so it is able to connect and retrieve. It had did display camera images last night at home on my local network on the tiles/cards.

2. The cards take up about 2/3 of the width of the screen on an LG G2 with 1080P screen in landscape so there is only 1 column of them. I could have sworn they were smaller last night at home with multiple columns on a HP Touchpad with a lower resolution. I will check when I get home and update. If I switch back to Tiles, I do get 3 columns on the same screen. (It shows 2 rows of 3 tiles) (My 10" HP Touchpad, which actually has a lower resolution, in the 3.1.3.11 version of AuthomationHD shows 4 rows of 6 tiles) I will check my secondary touchpad, which runs the beta as well, when I get home to see what it shows.

Requests for plug-in support (If you ever have nothing better to do) :o
support for the Yamaha AV plugin

UPDATE:
On my home (local) network the camera images display both in tiles and cards mode. No image in compact tides but that’s expected as there is no room. No difference to the width of the cards display or amount of tiles displayed.
Secondary Touchpad running latest beta shows 4 rows of 6 tiles. It also shows 3 columns of cards on a lower resolution than my LG. I’m wondering if the screen resolution on my LG G2 is not correctly recognized and the cards sized accordingly?

Garrett, please let me know if there are any logs or debugging info you need for this.

[quote=“BOFH, post:16, topic:181280”]The bad:

1. It’s not able to display any images from my cameras in the tiles/cards. States ‘Image Unavailable’. It correctly has read the motion sensors and all other devices. If I click on a camera, it will actually display the image so it is able to connect and retrieve. It had did display camera images last night at home on my local network on the tiles/cards.

2. The cards take up about 2/3 of the width of the screen on an LG G2 with 1080P screen in landscape so there is only 1 column of them. I could have sworn they were smaller last night at home with multiple columns on a HP Touchpad with a lower resolution. I will check when I get home and update. If I switch back to Tiles, I do get 3 columns on the same screen. (It shows 2 rows of 3 tiles) (My 10" HP Touchpad, which actually has a lower resolution, in the 3.1.3.11 version of AuthomationHD shows 4 rows of 6 tiles) I will check my secondary touchpad, which runs the beta as well, when I get home to see what it shows.

Requests for plug-in support (If you ever have nothing better to do) :o
support for the Yamaha AV plugin

UPDATE:
On my home (local) network the camera images display both in tiles and cards mode. No image in compact tides but that’s expected as there is no room. No difference to the width of the cards display or amount of tiles displayed.
Secondary Touchpad running latest beta shows 4 rows of 6 tiles. It also shows 3 columns of cards on a lower resolution than my LG. I’m wondering if the screen resolution on my LG G2 is not correctly recognized and the cards sized accordingly?

Garrett, please let me know if there are any logs or debugging info you need for this.[/quote]

1. Not sure why this is not showing correctly in the card view. I have had no issues with this. But I’ll investigate.

2. The reason that your HP Touchpad is showing more cards than your LG G2 is due to how Android is scaling the graphics. This has nothing to do with the resolution (well sort of). You HP is considered a tablet and even though that it has a lower resolution screen, Android will scale the display differently than your LG G2 that is considered a phone and with a higher resolution screen. For example Android will scale the graphics on your HP to say 1x or 1.5x where the LG G2 will scale it to 2x. See here for details: Supporting Multiple Screens When supporting multiple screen in Android, it gets more complex and more work is involved.

• Garrett

Thanks for the explanation on the resolution Garrett. It weirdly does make sense. :slight_smile:

Garrett,
No matter what I do 3.3.1.3 tells me the username/password is incorrect… it is not. Ive tried it 20 times. But, everything works perfectly while at home.

I’m on UI5

any ideas?

What is configured under the connection settings? I have no problem connecting to the mios servers for UI5 and I have not heard anyone else having this problem.

• Garrett