AutoVera Custom App Demo Video - Build your own UI!

In this demo, you’ll see a standalone Android app created within Tasker and exported as an APK. Tasker scenes allow you to create your own UI using a simple drag and drop editor, with no coding necessary. This demo features a primary main screen and additional layouts for a thermostat and a Samsung Smart TV.

The AutoVera plugin, installed on Vera, can send status updates to your Android device, allowing your UI to react in real-time to changes in your home.

[size=14pt]Watch the demo here: Android Home Automation - Creating a Custom App With AutoVera - YouTube
[/size]
Please post below if you have any questions regarding Tasker and AutoVera, thanks for watching!

Screenshots of app attached

looks great…

Would you mind sharing on here on or your guides site how you accomplished this?

I’m planning on splitting this into separate guides as the whole project is bit overwhelming to undertake. Which elements are you interested in? Menu? Thermostat? Samsung Remote? I can share the XML for the scenes, which you’d then import to Tasker and adapt to your Vera.

I think if I had just one of the elements to work with I could easily learn enough to make more… I particularly liked the thermostat one…

Your guides site is an excellent start… looking forward to that growing…

Thanks for your feedback! Here is a copy of the Thermostat Project in XML and APK form.

Thermostat walkthrough: - YouTube

Tasker XML: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65414242/Thermostat.prj.xml
To import a project, try to open the xml file on your Android device, choose to open with Tasker. A popup should state that the Project is now ready for import. Open Tasker and press and hold on an existing project. Press import and find the XML in Tasker/Projects/. Launch the task by activating the Launch Thermostat task.

Android APK: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65414242/Thermostat.10.apk
Set your favorite Vera within AutoVera and install as an app. Unknown Sources must be allowed within settings. Find and set your thermostat device number by tapping on the settings icon, then the question mark. Press back and then refresh.

Let me know if you have questions!

Great…thank you

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

So with your template… I have accomplished this…

Activated with notification pull down

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Very nice! Is that AutoNotification I see? :smiley:

Looks great, thanks for sharing!

Yes… Have vera sent some autoremote messages to my devices and have autonotication intercept them and keep things updated