Beta Android - v.7.40.348

We’ve just released a new Beta Vera Mobile app for Android v.7.40.348.

Fixes for Ezlo Atom and Ezlo PlugHub controllers:

• fixed meter values which were not shown in the parent device for Aeotec ZW078 device;
  • fixed color value that wasn’t saved in scenes if user set dimmer level for RGB bulbs;
  • fixed the preset state and value from devices which were not saved in action state in Scenes;
  • fixed the random spinner that was shown over devices for a few seconds;
  • fixed the issue where if user tried to create a scene RGB and with current value set as action , scene is saved with value 0 instead of current value;
  • fixed the issue with changing the color for RGB devices;
  • fixed a crash when adding pin code;
  • fixed app crash after user tried to unpair an non responsive smart switch device;
  • fixed app crash when user tried to access device control panel for a non working device
  • fixed app crash when user tried to create a new room from ADW name your device step
  • fixed an issue when a scene with preset values for RGB cannot be created;
  • fixed an issue when user was unable to login;
  • fixed the issue with the RGB color picker that was missing from scenes and device page;
  • fixed a Random app crash after user created a few schedule scenes;
  • fixed app crash when user tried to save a scene before spinner on add a room disappeared;
  • fixed app crash when user tried to save a scene with RGB bulb added as action;
  • fixed app crash when creating a scene with “Whenever dimmer reaches” % value;
  • fixed app crash when user tapped Validate button without selecting a trigger;
  • fixed the text added in Enter Command that overlapped the microphone icon;
  • fixed app random crash when user reopened the app from background on Send Command Page after disabling Microphone permission from settings.

Fixes for Vera Edge, Vera Plus, Vera Secure controllers:

• fixed the Help content font which was too big comparing with the rest elements in the page;
  • fixed the issue with Saved restriction which weren’t displayed in page after restriction was saved;
  • fixed Control page which wasn’t updated with new restriction added or removed;
  • fixed an issue with the Plugin Version that wasn’t displayed correctly in app;
  • fixed the favorite devices which were not displayed in Dashboard page;
  • fixed the Endless spinner that was displayed random over devices on Devices page;
  • Fix Crashes from Crashlytics(Firebase)
  • fixed camera live view crash;
  • fixed an app crash when going to Device tab when there is a Siren paired with the controller.

To get the Android Beta build v.7.40.348 please follow this steps:

1. Make sure you are part of the Vera-Dashboard Google Group .

2. Point your mobile web browser to this address to get or update the app.

2 Likes

This update never came through. I have been a beta member of the app for quite a long time.

So it is available or not?
I can’t get in on the app store

Same here. I’m still stuck on the not usable 7.40.347.

Hi @tomtcom, @kwieto, @Odysee! Thank you for your feedback!

I’m in a Beta program and my Vera app was updated on the 27th of February, now I have the new version 7.40.348.

Have you followed all the steps above and you are using the Beta version?

I’ve followed these steps. I also tried deinstalling/reinstalling the app.

Same for me, still have 7.40.347
Update: the 7.40.348 just appeared in the store. Updated and it seem to work correct

1 Like

@kwieto it seems like Google shows updates randomly in the store.

@Odysee try to check the update maybe later today.

Just received mine.

2 Likes

The update is available now and the crash from the device tab is gone :+1:

1 Like

I got mine too, thanks.

1 Like

I just received this new version.

Unfortunately, it is not working properly on my device (Moto Z2 Play, Android 9.0).

Is there some recommended series of activities or test runs you guys want us to try with the beta app? I’m all ears.

I’m such a Web UI-centric guy that I virtually forget there even is a Vera Mobile app, much less use it on a monthly (or even annual) basis. So some beta-specific requests are very welcome!

• Libra

Hi @LibraSun!

It would be great if you use all new features which we have been adding in the app.
If you haven’t used Ezlo VOI™ you should definitely try it :slightly_smiling_face:

We also have a new Ezlo App. The Ezlo app you can use in parallel with Vera app, if you have Ezlo Atom or/and PlugHub.

Thank you! And waiting for your feedback!

1 Like

Just to be clear, Ezlo VOI™ requires that I have an Atom or PlugHub, right? (Because I own neither, so had not even looked at it)

Yes, you need to have the Ezlo Atom or PlugHub.

On looking at the beta Vera Mobile app, I notice that lots of ‘Notifications’ are being included under ‘Scenes’, which I would not normally expect to see.

For instance, all of my “Battery Low” and lock-related (e.g. “Wrong Code Entered”) warnings appear there – which is neat in a way, since I normally have to visit each device individually to edit these, or to be reminded they exist! – but should they be called ‘Scenes’?

I’m thinking users would be better served if these non-Scene items got lumped into a separate area, called “Notifications” instead. Since that is their intended purpose, after all, plus nobody would ever ‘Run’ these manually or via voice command, as they would with “Scenes”.

• Libra

As a follow-up to the above, I took the liberty of using the beta app to (a) create a new room “_Notifications”, and (b) assigning a couple of those “No Room” faux scenes to the new room.

After a refresh of my web browser, back on the Vera UI, I noticed this (correctly) causes the moved Scenes to appear and thus become editable from the UI instead of only in the app. That’s a neat “feature” in that it gives users the chance to add lots more events than simply a notification, whenever a “Battery Low” or similar trigger fires.

However, even once these formerly “hidden” Scenes are surfaced in the Vera UI, there is no explicit way to determine which device they are triggered from, since they contain no Device Action(s) or Lua code; you have to rely entirely on the name originally given to it, and hope that sufficiently explains why/when it will run.

P.S. I assert that this adds even more weight to my recent suggestion in “Feature Requests”, that users ought to have a way to “Hide” entire Rooms, or device Types, in the UI – and have those settings persist across multiple visits and be mirrored in the app, etc. – since things get cluttered FAST otherwise!

BUG REPORT: New Scene created in app fails to appear in Vera UI

Today, on a whim, I created a brand new Scene (called 'Test Entering Home Space (#86) – assigned to ‘No Room’) in the beta app, then checked my Vera UI hours later when I got home.

The new scene does NOT appear anywhere under ‘Scenes’ in the UI, but I can confirm it resides somewhere in Vera because I see 'Test Entering Home Space" in the drop-down list Reactor shows me when adding a [Run Scene] action under Activities. It is shown as being assigned to (no room).

Looks like a bug to me. (Make that two bugs … see Update #2, below!)

• Libra

UPDATE 1: I can further confirm, after using the beta app to assign the Scene to a different room (“_Zzz”), that it still does not appear in the Vera UI – despite multiple restarts of the Luup engine during testing. Nevertheless, the room assignment appears to have been successful, since once again I can see it listed in Reactor as residing in room “_Zzz”. I will report back with any further findings.

UPDATE 2: On closer inspection of the affected Scene, using the beta app, I notice that it consistently “forgets” the Immediate action (turning on a single Hue light bulb called ‘Fireplace’), thus appears to do nothing when run. Twice I attempted to ‘Edit’ the Scene, specifically editing the list of devices under ‘Immediately’ so as to include ‘Fireplace’, and in each instance, the edit does not persist.

UPDATE 3: Wondering whether the app was causing Scenes to lose integrity, I deliberately edited my favorite Scene (‘Time for Bed’), and can confirm that doing so left that Scene completely empty except for several time delays it had. I must now recreate that Scene from memory.

Will hold off using the beta app any further until these issues are resolved.

@Anna I have a question.
How come this release doesn’t have any known issues? Or did you guys didn’t find any?
The app pretty much crashes at each step and has very obvious bugs.
On my wife’s phone I have 7.40.344 “Temporary downgrade” and that app is better. What happened?

1 Like