Beta Android - v. 7.40.402

We’re happy to announce we’re releasing a new VeraMobile for Android v. 7.40.402 beta update.

New features for Ezlo Platform - Ezlo Atom, Ezlo PlugHub, Vera Edge running Ezlo Linux firmware:

• Ezlo VOI™ - now you can “TEXT” chat with Alexa and Google directly from the VeraMobile app. You can check the support article to see a step-by-step description for this feature.
  • Improve the scene creation flow by changing the texts and redesign some elements, plus adding support for setting icons for scenes.

New features for Vera controllers:

• Added support for *Ecobee thermostat

For those of you that are already Beta testers PLEASE enroll again at this link , as we’ve changed the tool to distribute the builds - if you haven’t done it already. If you already used the new tool, you’ll receive an app update.

To see how to use the chat functionality you can check this video:
VeraMobile for Android Ezlo VOI™ Chat with Amazon Alexa.

*the full support for Ecobee thermostat requires a new firmware upgrade for Vera controllers that will be available later.

1 Like

great work guys.

Still waiting for Firebase to alert me about the new release. Stuck on .399, waiting for .402.

Release is not in Firebase.

1 Like

Interestingly, .402 pushed itself onto my phone this morning via Google Play updates!

NEW FEEDBACK - CSS formatting and localization

Note how on this screenshot that Vera Mobile spells “favorite” in the UK not US manner (my phone is set to En-US), and the word Thermostat wraps unnecessarily within its frame:

All on .402

Indeed, not released as Beta, but as GA!

1 Like

NEW FEEDBACK - VOI devices gone and challenge reconnecting

I noticed immediately in .402, once I’d logged into my Linux Edge, that all of my (12?) Alexa entries had disappeared, so could not try out new commands.

Upon attempting to reconnect VOI to my Amazon Alexa account, the following screen seemed to present a dead end.

Unsure how best to proceed.

NEW FEEDBACK - Unclear Instructions

The Dashboard in Vera Mobile instructs the user to “Choose your favourite scenes” but does not offer clear guidance on how that is accomplished. Tapping on the phrase does nothing.

I figured out after several weeks that this can be done by tapping the ‘gear’ icon in the upper right corner. IMO, that is not at all self-evident behavior.

The Beta issue I repeatedly reported where you get the message Cannot detect device all over is still there if there is only one device with that issue (Vera).
When stating this version i got a large big red text that there is no internet connection. Well, there is.
When you open the app, you get an empty screen with just the Vera logo for a long time, 10-15 seconds.
On Linux Edge the VOI devices are all gone and you cannot create a new one. The Select your System list is empty. All scenes using them are broke.I only got them back after I logged off an on again on the app.

Really guys. how many times do you push a GA version that is different than the Beta you asked your user to test???

1 Like

NEW FEEDBACK - Same problem persists in .404

.404 finally arrived via Firebase, but I can’t help noticing that VOI remains hobbled by an empty screen:

How are we supposed to test it now???

Hi,

We made a new release today that fixed the connection issue on Vera controllers and displaying the VOI accounts. The build version from Beta Google Play 7.40.406. The same build from the internal beta is 7.40.407.
Feel free to provide feedback.

2 Likes

Hi @Oana_Morariu,

I can report that the issue with the incorrect reporting of “Cannot detect device” on many devices when only one device is not connected still exists.

Other problems cleared after logging off and on again.

Cheers Rene

2 Likes

I would like to report that beta versions of Vera Mobile are not working on my device. I use a Moto Z Play 2 (Android 9.0, no root). The first two beta versions with the new dashboard worked pretty fine on my device. All versions released after these versions did not work.

Everytime that I open Vera Mobile, I receive the following message: “Vera Mobile keeps stopping”. Any suggestions?

Hi,

We made a new release that fixed a connection issue Beta Android - v. 7.40.406 - Official Announcements - Ezlo Community.
Let me know if this is still an issue.
Thank you!

Hi @Oana_Morariu,

I can report that the issue with the incorrect reporting of “Cannot detect device” on many devices when only one device is not connected still exists on V.410.

I also find that if you have the Linux Edge selected as controller it takes a long time to start the app. Linux approx 20 seconds, Vera about 5.

It would also be nice if the firebase release comment gave a little more info than “bug fix”. I could then look for the issue I reported rather then try and be disappointed the issue is still there.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Hi Rene,

We will investigate this and get back with a fix.

@Oana_Morariu,

Still not working on version 7.40.410 (274000410). Now, I cannot send logs and feedback, because of Firebase, as per the screenshot below:

My Vera Edge is running the latest version with hotfix. Working pretty well with version 7.28.159 of Vera Mobile.

NEW FEEDBACK - Unexpected Behavior After Game Play

On .410, I recently conducted a test using the “Twenty Questions” skill on Alexa, during which the chat allowed me to play the game (she correctly guessed what I was thinking of!). But once the game concluded, Alexa remained in “game mode” …

… that is, subsequent commands were interpreted as being related to Twenty Questions. For example, typing “turn on the fireplace” resulted in “I’m sorry, I couldn’t understand that. Could you try something else?” messages.

So, I typed “quit” and got an “OK” response.

Upon typing “turn on the fireplace” one last time, Alexa did what was expected, the light came on, and I got “OK”.

Thank you for your feedback, we are investigating this and will be back with a fix.