Beta Android - v. 7.40.420

We’re happy to announce we’re releasing a new VeraMobile for Android v. 7.40.420 beta update.

Updates for Ezlo Platform - Ezlo Atom, Ezlo PlugHub, Vera Edge running Ezlo Linux firmware:

• The previous version of the “Dashboard” was added
  • Now you can delete the devices directly from the devices’ list and don’t open the device details.
  • The bar functionality “No internet connection” was improved.

Ezlo VOI™ improvements and bug fixing:

• Hidden the keyboard when the user clicks inside the chat
  • Added space between the microphone and last message

Fixes for Ezlo Atom, Ezlo PlugHub and Vera Edge running Ezlo Linux firmware:

• Fixed the issue with the status display “Can’t detect device”

For those of you that are already Beta testers PLEASE enroll again at this link, as we’ve changed the tool to distribute the builds - if you haven’t done it already. If you already used the new tool, you’ll receive an app update.

Great work guys!
keep improving…keep releasing…

NEW FEEDBACK - (.420) “No Internet” warning

Now, instead of just a fleeting glimpse of the big red “NO INTERNET CONNECTION” banner, the banner remains 100% of the time, rendering navigation challenging, if not impossible.

Hi,

All issues I reported seem to be fixed indeed. However, as LibraSun I see the No internet connection error when connected to the Linux Edge controller too. When connected to Vera controllers I am not seeing that error.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

VOI FEATURE REQUEST - Directed Commands

Could a drop down be added so that users can precisely direct where a particular Command should be sent? It would make VOI act as if one were standing in that room giving the request.
Otherwise, it’s too difficult and sometimes impossible to phrase the request without Alexa getting confused by all the extra “where” words.

Hi,

Just click on the red bar and the internet warning will go on top.

1. What’s the logical of dividing into sections? (scene, cameras, devices)
      It would be more logical to create Sections such as Rooms or Floors and insert the services required!
      e.g.
      In Section ENTRANCE:
      Scene = “Opening door”
      Camera = “to see entrance”
      Device = “Entrance light”
      etc…or a single Section and enter what one wants without scrolling through absurd windows.
    1. Furthermore, it is necessary to be able to enable the confirmation of a scene (as happens on Imperihome) to avoid the inconvenience, for example, to touch accidentally the scene “Open the doors” etc.
    1. Is it possible to lock the icons without scrolling underneath? (see Attachment)

thank you
1 Like

Hi @Oana_Morariu,

Trying .422 and after a long timeout not getting any controllers even, but also home.getvera.com is not logging on so there is probably a bigger problem right now.

Cheers Rene

We have two cloud infrastructures we built
Brand new Ezlo Cloud
Old vera cloud.
Currently we are running both because not all the functionality is built into the new cloud.
the controllers still being served from the old cloud…and unfortunately she is old and slow and has a brain fart every so often! She just did! they are fixing it now…
by end of summer we hope to have “everything” running on the new cloud infrastructure that is architected to be scaleable, maintainable etc. sorry for the inconvenience…

I second everything that @Nettuno just recommended. I won’t even touch this app at night for fear that simply scrolling might activate an unwanted scene or turn something on without intending to!

2 Likes

Wise advice, to be sure, as clicking the red warning bar does make it scroll upwards and out of sight. BUT… it comes right back after every attempted operation, so it’s still a major PITA. Needs to stop.

I’d take that a step further: Please fix it (again?) before releasing the next beta, so we can all feel as though this process is moving forward, not backward??

1 Like

don’t your phone have its display backlit? :slight_smile: You are making it sound like at night you can’t see the dashboard!! :slight_smile:

I don’ take its fair to the developers who are working their backside off!
They are writing the code…its a “beta” release…lets all be more supportive of eachother pls…

1 Like

NEW FEEDBACK - (.422) “Device Not Found” message persists

Unlike previous recent beta revisions, where the “Device Not Found” warning message would pop up only briefly then disappear after tapping the (bottom-most) “Amazon Alexa” device…

…that pop-up now remains on the screen. Clicking “OK” throws you back to the list of (multiple!) “Amazon Alexa” devices, thus no further VOI™ testing is possible.

Hence, another revision I will cease trying to test, as it’s wasting my time.

Hi, it is working again. App seems to work ok now. Big red flag gone. Rest not yet tested in depth, but initial glances look good.

Cheers rene

2 Likes

Update on .422. user notifications do not work anymore. Not when in scenes and also no alarm when an armed sensor is opened. Is the case for all controller FW types.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Hi,

We had some deployments yesterday on server side and this was the reason of missing notifications. If the issue still persists, let me know and I will investigate.

Hi @Oana_Morariu,

Nope, still not working. On the dashboard I do see the message that one of the armed sensors should be transmitting an alert, but no notification and no message in the alerts list.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

Hi @Oana_Morariu,

Today I found a whole bunch of notification emails from info@ezlo.com in my inbox. Magically two user IDs had email notification on and the Linux Edge started to generate the emails.

But in the app still no notifications for any controller type. Time to check the Friday deployments.

Cheers Rene

2 Likes

Hi,
We will investigate this on Monday. Thank you for your feedback.