Beta - Ezlo Linux firmware v.1.1.988.4 update for Vera Edge and Ezlo Plus controllers

We’re releasing a new update for Ezlo Linux firmware for Ezlo Plus and the Vera Edge (that runs Ezlo Linux). v.1.1.988.4:

Fixes:

• Fixed the issue with broken status on devices after firmware update.

Known issues:

• Issue on devices that support Tamper where the broadcasts and notifications generated are opposite to the actual tamper state

• Issue on Z-Wave devices with “electric_meter_amper” that is updated only when the hub is restarted. Ampere meter not changing value instantly once pairing a device supporting it (for example pairing a switch and adding some load to it - e.g. connect a bulb)

• Issue with incorrect sunrise/sunset time for scene in case the timezone is changed after enrollment. The sunrise/sunset scenes are calculated based on location and for the moment we do not have UI support to change it after enrollment (API is in progress of being integrated in UI)

• Issue on Vera Edge where after the first update from Vera FW to the new Linux FW the “Internet” LED is OFF

To get your controller updated to the latest version please do one of the following actions:

• Power cycle your Vera Edge / Ezlo Plus controller or
  • Unplug the ethernet cable, wait for 10s, plug it back into the Vera Edge / Ezlo Plus controller.
2 Likes

Updating to 1.1.988.4 doesn’t seem to bring the broken devices back to life on Ezlo Plus with Android. And, am still unable to delete them and re-pair. Any suggestions as to how to proceed with a completely broken system?

Update successful, the 3 divices with alphanumeric names have gone.
Still issue with “can’t detect device” battery device, which i reincluded. The device goes can’t detect sometime after reinclusion.

@ElCid, thanks for your feedback

Which type of devices have gone ?
You mean can not see them in the list of devices in your app ?

Can you write more details about this device please.
I mean manufacturer, part number, etc.

Hi @wfoley

Do you have all devices as “broken” ?
Broken devices need to be reincluded.
Or we can make soft reset for your controller.

Which type of devices have gone ?

It’s a good thing. The three devices randomly created (did post about it before) by the previous firmware, that i could not delete.

Can you write more details about this device please.

I did in previous feed back on plus and firmare topics. The device is a smartthings door and temperature sensor. It worked fine in vera, but when icluding it in ezlo plus it only included as a temp sensor. Then with in hours it goes “can not detect device”.

If it was included with the vera unit i could give you the devices model number, but it is a zigbee device and ezlo does not give access to zigbee parameters.

I think it is this model
[broken link removed]

I ended up pressing the reset button on the EzloPlus for 20-30 seconds and then unpairing and re-pairing all the devices. Then, I re-created the scenes. All worked well for a few hours until the ZEN15 plug displayed “Can’t Detect Device” and scenes quit working. I unpaired and re-paired only to have device go to “Can’t Detect Device” a few hours later. Really UNSTABLE firmware version!

I’ve re-included the following devices with the following results:

• Aeotec Multisensor 6: Motion Sensor is still missing
  • Fibaro Smoke Sensor 2: “Can’t Detect Device” after some time; only one device is created (Heat Sensor?) instead of three (Heat Sensor, Smoke Sensor, Temperature Sensor)

Hi,

So, after the update the devices still show the broken status, and the fix is like last week. Remove and re-include? Sorry, but then you have not fixed the problem. Is a real fix possible or not?

Cheers rene

Yeah, I agree with Rene. I truly hope this is just for this alpha testing and we’re not back to the old Vera’s reset-and-repair. Because this is not acceptable on a production system and I hope we’ll have the ability to fix devices and never been forced to remove, repair and rebuild all the logic.

Also noticed that the cloud_device plugin is not installed on this FW. Is that intentional?