Beta - Ezlo Linux firmware v.2.0.8.1357.3

New Features:

• Added support to Power Cycle Ezlo Secure using the Speaker Button (the button must be pressed at least 10 seconds and no more than 15 seconds)

• Added support for hub.device.check method for Zwave devices (Requests actual values from device or checks reachable state of device). The command does not have support yet in UI.

• Added support for changing house modes using the Centralite keypad.

• Added support sending logs to cloud or saving it to USB stick if cloud connection is not available by button click (1-press of reset button)

• Added support of coroutines in Lua

• Added logic for plugin execution policy → Defines logic of setuping scripts states/environment.
    API - Ezlo API Documentation (logic of scripts states/environment setup).
    The firmware creates a new environment for each script execution and destroys it in the end by default. But it can be changed by defining restoreLastScriptState execution policy.
    Now possible values will be:
    newStateEachScriptRun - creates new Lua state/environment for each start of plugin script.
    restoreLastScriptState - creates new Lua state/environment for each plugin start and uses the same Lua environment for each next script execution. If plugin was restarted then Lua environment will be cleaned and created again.
    Default value: newStateEachScriptRun

Improvements:

• Improvements on the controller connection to cloud servers.
  • Improvements to the video recording mechanism
  • Added improvements to camera settings mechanism that will allow saving new settings in cases when requests to the camera fail because of the camera being offline
  • Added support in the camera plugin for filtering cameras by MAC during discovery

Fixes:

• Fixed the issues with Vera Edge losing network settings after a firmware update
  • Fixed the issue with Pre-recording failure after long streaming
  • Fixed the issues with time restrictions that were set for deleted pincodes were also displayed for newly added pincodes
  • Fixed the delays when adding Zlink ZL-PA-100 using smart start
  • Fixed the issues with the VistaCam 702 motion sensor that was enabled (armed) when entering Night mode (the motion sensor should have been armed by default only in Vacation and Away mode)
  • Fixed the issues with the VistaCam 702 Motion sensor no longer working after camera reboot

Known issues:

• Issue on devices that support Tamper where the broadcasts and notifications generated are opposite to the actual tamper state
  • Issue on Z-Wave devices with “electric_meter_amper” that is updated only when the hub is restarted. Ampere meter not changing value instantly once pairing a device supporting it (for example pairing a switch and adding some load to it - e.g. connect a bulb)
  • Issue with incorrect sunrise/sunset time for scene in case the timezone is changed after enrollment. The sunrise/sunset scenes are calculated based on location and for the moment we do not have UI support to change it after enrollment (API is in progress of being integrated in UI)
  • Issue on Vera Edge where after the first update from Vera FW to the new Linux FW the “Internet” LED is OFF
  • Issues with some Door Locks, as Danalock V3, that are not added with S2 encryption
  • Random issues with Wifi connection cannot be established because the network is not visible for the controller
  • Vera Edge Wifi connectifity issues:
    • Issues the Vera Edge controller not being able sometimes to connect to a Wifi network
    • Issus with disabling wifi interfaces not working on Vera Edge
    • Issues with hub.network.get method reporting AP interface as up, even if it is disabled
7 Likes

Great work guys! Plugin framework is coming along nicely…excellent progress!

Great work! Any ETA of when the Z-Wave Long Range functionality will be activated?
/Fanan

Silicon labs haven’t yet finalized their certification program. As soon as they are ready, we are ready!
We have tested the code in our Firmware and it works! We just need the manufacturer of the zwave chip to launch their certification program so that we can get it certified and launch it officially.

1 Like

Hi @melih
are we equipped on the beta ezlo plus version?

The long range Z-Wave thing could be of interest for myself, I have a garage that is some distance away from the house.

A door contact sensor on the garage door that works long range could be handy.

I’ve not read much about Z-Wave long range will existing Z-Wave devices work with it?

Yes.
its about the hub having this capability to sense from far away.

1 Like

I still stuck on 2.0.7.1313.16. Also no update after restart…

AFAIK that’s true only for 700 series devices. So, you’ll need a specific sensor and hub.

1 Like

Hi @Oleh @Gabi
my ezloplus remains blocked in version V2.0.7.1313.16

I restarted several times, even electrically but that does not change

Same here. I believe @Oleh and @Gabi are looking into it.

My understanding was as long as the Hub is 700 series, the devices it connects to could be 500 etc.

Hi @Odysee, if you did not already register to be part of the Beta Program please check this thread and fill in the form.

Hi @blacey, if you did not already register to be part of the Beta Program please check this thread and fill in the form.

Hi @Pitt13, if you did not already register to be part of the Beta Program please check this thread and fill in the form.

I’m already a beta tester and always got updates. However I’ve re-registered to the “new” Beta Program even if the meaning doesn’t quite make sense to me.

I’ve just power cycled the device and got the update.

Update ok for me

I have an Ezlo secure, not enrolled on the beta program, where do I check what is the firmware version I currently have? Thanks!