Beta - Ezlo Linux v.2.0.2.1140 for Ezlo controllers and VeraEdge

We’re excited to release today a new update for Ezlo Linux v.2.0.2.1140.1 firmware for Ezlo controllers and VeraEdge:
New Features:

• Added support for INDICATOR CC (V3)

Improvements:

• Supported WiFi network channel or bssid changes after initial connect
  • Added improvement to Zwave device Firmware update process

Fixes:

• Fixed the issues with hub.network.get request returning bus.request.timeout error

• Fixed the issue where the hub.items.list or hub.devices.list requests were taking too much time (~ 60 seconds).

• Bug fixes on working with Zwave and Zigbee devices.

Known issues:

• Issue on devices that support Tamper where the broadcasts and notifications generated are opposite to the actual tamper state

• Issue on Z-Wave devices with “electric_meter_amper” that is updated only when the hub is restarted. Ampere meter not changing value instantly once pairing a device supporting it (for example pairing a switch and adding some load to it - e.g. connect a bulb)

• Issue with incorrect sunrise/sunset time for scene in case the timezone is changed after enrollment. The sunrise/sunset scenes are calculated based on location and for the moment we do not have UI support to change it after enrollment (API is in progress of being integrated in UI)

• Issue on Vera Edge where after the first update from Vera FW to the new Linux FW the “Internet” LED is OFF

• Issue with ezlocast not working in scenes.

4 Likes

@reneboer

The response to this query is much quicker now with this firmware:

{
"method": "hub.data.list",
"id": "hub.data.list",
"params": { "devices": null, "items": null, "rooms": null, "scenes": null }
}

Hi @cw-kid,

Yes the websocket issue is fixed in this release. For me the App is also much more responsive and less problematic to work with.

Cheers Rene

1 Like

“The app” OH how much I hate it LOL.

Upon launching the app in the Pro Dashboard, it says you have no devices paired to this controller. Then some time later the two real devices I have showing on the dashboard eventually appear.

One is an Everspring appliance plug. I then press it and the plug turns on physically.

However the icon never updates on the dashboard and it still showing as being turned off.
If I press the dashboard icon for the plug again it says command sent but the plug does not turn off, icon still showing its off when the plug is on.

If I exit the dashboard and go to another area of the app and then go back in to the dashboard the icon for the plug then is correctly showing its on and I can press it to turn off the plug then.

This also happens some times in the “Devices” view, if I turn on a device it turns on but the GUI never updates to show that device is turned on and the button still shows the device being off when it is actually on, until I either pull down from the top to refresh it or leave the devices area of the app and go back in again, then the button shows the correct state.

Other issues sometimes in the devices list all devices just vanish and menu items go missing from the main menu.

There are serious refresh and update / feedback issues I have been seeing for months in the Android app on my phone.

The app was a POS when Vera made it and its still a POS whilst Elzo are trying to build on top of it. A wonky deck of stacked playing cards…

They made a mistake and they should of built a brand new app from the ground up.

I do not have any of these issues with 3rd party dashboard apps and my Vera Plus. Imperihome and “The Home Remote” apps, can seem to work with Vera OK.

Forgive me, I don’t know if they’ve already asked this question.

I have a Vera Edge with about 90 devices, 60 Scenes and 15 Plugins including VeraAlerts to make my home talk to Google Home.

Everything works excellently … except the VeraMobile app which is a real disaster, forcing me to use the ImperiHome app.
I have 2 questions:

• If I install Ezlo Linux firmware, will I have the same condition with more benefits or will I have to start from scratch?
  • If you have any problems, is there a Vera firmware recovery guide?

Thank you and forgive my translation

Hi @cw-kid,

The issue with the app for Ezlo controllers is the websockets its communication is based on. The idea is great that the app does not have to poll for changes (what is needed for Vera) because the controller broadcasts all updates. But that requires a 100% reliable connection and that is not a good assumption especially for mobile devices switching between networks. When you toggle between the devices dashboard view, the app does a full refresh so the status is then correct again. However, there are situations where the controller does not show the correct device status either. this seems related to the Cannot detect device issues. I see the status issues most on devices that frequently show that problem. I still see this on this FW btw. It looks they cannot fix this problem for what ever reason.

Anyway. Many releases to go before the Beta status can be dropped IMO.

Cheers Rene

Hi
I made the same observation with the update, it is more obvious on the EzloPlus than on the VeraPlus for me. With Imperihome it works well on VeraPlus. But Veramobile and Mios are problematic at the moment. It worked better a while back. I will update the EzloPlus tonight to see if that changes anything.

Rene

All the problems I described with the Vera app are always when my phone is local on my WIFI.

I don’t use their app outside the house. I use Imperihome as my main control app for Vera.

Do not change your production Vera Edge to the Ezlo Linux beta firmware.

You will lose all your 3rd party plugins and you will have to start from scratch with your devices.

1 Like

Apparently this firmware installed automatically on my Ezlo plus last night. As with a previous update, all my device associations for a certain device (zooz zen 16 multi-relay) are mixed up again. The one I have designated to “close” now is the relay that opens, open is master, and master is close. Quite annoying.

I reported a similar issue on the latest RTOS release with a couple Fibraro RGBW-441 that is also a parent with multiple children - I wonder if that is a hint?

Ioana,

I’m confused, why so much more attention to the VeraEdge development, and nothing for the Vera Plus, even though the VeraPlus, was more expensive than the VeraEdge.

Is Ezlo dropping support for the VeraPlus, I would like to know.

Show I keep my VeraPlus or switch to Hubitat.

I have always enjoyed dealing with the Vera staff, but loyalty can only go so far, and it must be reciprocal.

Thanks Iona.

P.S. I would hate to leave Vera.

2 Likes

Don’t know why they are only concentrating on the Edge for development, but we have been told that all the current line up of Vera controllers will eventually be able to be updated to the new Ezlo firmware.

1 Like