Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

I set up a scene today to turn on two lights at Sunset. Neither of the two lights turned on at sunset. I then tried to run the scene manually and received the following error, “Error Sorry, something unexpected happened, please try again later"

So after finally receiving my EzloPlus after 46 days I could start testing this week.
My experiences so far

Firmware version 1.0.28
Samsung tablet -Vera Mobile app Android 7.40.86
iPhone - Vera Mobile app iOS 3.44 (7)

Remark: this info is very hidden, under Settings - Customer Care (Android app) or under Settings - Tech Support (iOs app)

Pairing
I used a micro USB adapter 5V/2A
Pairing went well , although in first instance it was not found on the network so I manually added it (entering SN and mac adress). After a couple of minutes it was OK
Remark: strange that you have to add it as a Vera Edge.

I can see Ezlo Plus amongst my list of Vera controllers.
Connect to EzloPlus in iOS app: fast !
Connect to EzloPlus in Android app: very slowwwwww !

Adding and deleting rooms
fine and fast

Adding devices
Till now I added 4 zwave devices, 2 that are on the integration list and 2 that are not.
Everspring wall plug AN158: not on the list but pairing went fast. recognised as switch, although bulb icon . It works correctly and also the power measuring works OK. But in the beginning I saw “cannot connect to device” a couple of time. Distance to EzloPlus less than 2 m1 in same room. So that was not very encouraging. Past days it worked correct and stayed connected

NeoCoolcam Motion sensor NASPD01Z: on the list of integrated devices.
Pairing went fast. Motion sensor works OK although you cannot change any settings. Light Sensor also showed up. But it started with 28.0lux and now after 5 days it is still on 28.0lux. So this does not work properly.
Icon in Android app works different: when there is no motion anymore the “running man” remains red. In the iOS app the complete icon greys out as it should.

Philio Motion Sensor PSP05: on the list of integrated devices
Pairing did not go well, I had to try several times. The it showed up. But it was tripped and stays on tripped forever… So I excluded and included again: no change it always is on tripped.
Remark on exclusion: it goes fast but message is strange: “the exclusion process stopped” ???
So this one is not integrated well and is useless. You cannot check and change parameters yet…

Greenwave Powernode 6: not on the list of integrated devices.
Paring went very fast. I have 7 devices (main and 6 individual ports). Switching the individual ports goes well. You can also see power indicators Watts and Kwh but they remain on 0.0 always. That’s a pity because it is a fantastic device. On other popular zwave controllers energy measuring per port works. But on Vera this is a problem and it is mentioned several times on the (old) forum past years.

Scene
Created one scene till now : turn on a light when motion sensor trips (NeoCoolcam). This is similar to the existing Vera controllors although you cannot add Lua code.
It works and is fast, but till now very very basic.

Conclusions till now

Pairing devices usually goes fast and well, but not always even with devices that are on the integration list. Saw the “cannot detect device” just after starting test…

Finding devices is much faster because (finally) they are in alphabetic order (on Vera controllers this is still a big mess)

Scene functionality is working but very basic

Differences between apps:
iOS is very fast, also devices show up instantly. Android is very slow, you have to wait for more than 10 seconds before the devices (only 10) show up.
In iOs app I see battery level at the NeoCoolcam light sensor, in Android app not
Icons are sometimes different
Naming is sometimes different

Urgent improvements needed
I can still add a couple of more zwave devices I have laying around but then I’m done… Before I even consider moving some devices from my VeraPlus to the Ezlo plus first these improvements are essential:

1. Be able to set parameters on devices

2. Send simple one line http requests from Vera controllers to EzloPlus and the other way around. Please in a user friendly way. Not send a PDF with API that only a few plugin developers understand

3. Android app should work way faster. Better: Web GUI so I can do everything on my desktop PC on big screen

For full switchover a lot more developments have to be made.

Picture of my current devices screen on Samsung tablet (Android)

4 Likes

Amen to that!

Great feedback.

1 Like

Another important need: make and restore backups

2 Likes

I now use http requests:

• to get data from my PWS connected to WeaterUnderground via the fantastic Site Sensor plugin of @rigpapa

• to send commands (like executing scenes or switching devices or sending TTS messages) from one Vera controller to another one

• To send commands (scenes, switching devices etc )from Vera controller to Fibaro Home Center 2. Next to Vera I have a HC2 because some devices don’t properly work on Vera like the Greenwave 6 powernode and to be able to upgrade the firmware on Fibaro devices. This communication is fast and reliable!

I tested also some other controllers and software packages like Homey and Domoticz (on raspberry Pi). Also with these I could communicate with my main Vera via http requests.

@melih @sorin @goker SO THIS IS A NEED !

2 Likes

@Mai_Pensato

You might want to go to this thread here and voice your concerns.

@sdtoddl

thanks for the feedback.
We will make SSH connection with your Ezlo plus to check all of the issues you reported.
Is it turned on now ?

Yes. Feel free to do anything you want to it. I don’t have anything crucial on it yet. I want to add my water cutoff device but I will wait until it is more stable.
Let me know if I can help in anyway. I also have Skype if you need me to be the eyes for you.

Backups in our roadmap, we are working on implementation.

Dear @Mai_Pensato,

We started working on HTTP requests in scene creation and planning to release the very first version as an action item in scenes.

I will announce first phase’s release dates next week.

Kind regards,
Goker

1 Like

Let me know when I should try adding more devices. I am not sure if you were logged in. I went to the app and saw at the top of the screen, “Controller is busy updating data” so I didn’t do anything else.

Looks great. One thing to keep in mind is trying to keep the height as low as possible for those of us who have deployed the device in a rack mount cabinet. One potential enhancement would be adding an external antenna option (think old linksys wrt-54 connections) to allow for an antenna extension for rack type deployments.

1 Like

When do the beta testers that got a bare Ezlo Plus (like me :grin:) receive the enclosures ?

Finally even I got the Ezlo Plus

Including the plus went as planned.
My first device to include was a aeotec multisensor 6. It was not on the list… (strange that not all Fibaro,qubino and aeotec are on the list when strange small brands are there).
I included it asa a generic device . got uv ,lux, temp,humid but not motion sensor . tried to exclude and include several times.

Then I included a Fibaro dimmer 2 who is in list. include went good except I got a child ,heat sensor.
Tried to start using Ezlo voice but no devices come up. I have google and Alexa.
Its a lot of bugs and app crashes all the time.

Now I also tried Dashboard app but nothing happens, color wheel just spins and finds nothing…
Feels like it needs a lot of more softwarelove before I can test more
/MAttias

1 Like

My scene to shut off lights at sunrise is also not working. When I try to run the scene manually, an error comes up. In addition, when I go to the app, frequently it says my controller is busy. I don’t know what it is possibly doing because I have so few devices on it.

1 Like

Trying to create a room and then assign it to a device that was initially set up with “No room” causes the error “Sorry, southing unexpected happened, please try again later.” I tried adding the room. It asked me to type in the Room name. I did and then received the error.

See attached

Is there any software update in near future with fixes? @Ioana
/Mattias

Hi @Matteburk. Could you please provide the application version that you use? You can find it in the Costumer support page, at the bottom. Is Ezlo VOI page is empty?

Guys, we are ready to ship fully assembled Ezlo Plus units, both versions - EU and US Zwave freq.

8 Likes

What about sending the enclosures to the early beta testers that agreed to start with the bare controllers?