Just picked mine up, Denmark.

Will start testing soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

great to hear!
would love to have your feedback…thank you :slight_smile:

I have now done some basic test in the new Ezlo Plus

Hardware used:
Ezlo Plus (Firmware Version: 1.0.22)
(Huawei 5V 2A HW-050200E02 phone charger as power supply)
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge vith Vera Mobile 7.40.455

z-wave
Qubino Flush 1 Relay
2 x Neo CoolCam Door/window Sensors NAS-DS01Z
Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7
Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 FGDW-002

ZigBee
Xiaomi Aqara WSDCGQ11LM Temperature Humidity Sensor

Adding removing rooms works as expected, really fast and smooth operation.
Adding removing devices also works as expected, surprisingly fast and smooth with all z-wave devices, some integrated and some paired a generic device but all of them usable.

The only ZigBee device I had available failed to pair so not much to say about that.

Simple scenes were easy to create and works then also as expected.

Overall all available functionality works and it works fast!
The Ezlo Plus is surprisingly smal compared to the VeraPlus but way more powerful.
I cannot wait until we get more advanced functionality to the Ezlo Firmware like plugins and advanced scene capabilities like in Reactor so I can move all my automation to the Ezlo Plus.

Another observation is that now that I have the Ezlo Plus in my Vera account I could also login to the Ezlo Dashboard-Configurator. But so far it feels really unresponsive and I have not been able to create a dashboard yet.

4 Likes

Hi,

Yes, it is shipped with the power supply as well, but it looks like when the packages were prepared few of them were missing by mistake the cable.

Please write to me in DM with the email address you used for enrolment and we’ll ship the power supply with the enclosure when is available.

in Android app, go to settings…then customer care…Firmware version is reported there…

Great to hear its fast and smooth!
We spend a lot of time in engineering to give our users a really fast controller that works with everything.

hmm… no problem…lets find out what it was, so that we can make sure its integrated asap.

great to hear!

Thank you! We will continue to make it faster and more powerful with every release as we add more functionality as well.

Yes, we are working on this next! We have created the APIs so that plugins can be written, we also have Http capability in our firmware that we are releasing today!

Yes, dashboard will take another 3-4 weeks before its ready for proper alpha testing…

1 Like

We’ve just pushed a new update for the Ezlo Linux fw that runs on Vera Edge and Ezlo Plus controllers, including the API documentation Melih is talking about. You can check it here.

1 Like

Confirmed. Trouble free updated to 1.0.25 version fluently. Update took between 2-3 minutes. Quick and straight forward/

2 Likes

Ohhhh such beautiful… Now let’s have a fun:

4 Likes

Hi,

First impression. Super fast. FW 1.0.25

Tried to add 3 devices:

1. Danfoss Living Connect LC-13. tried to add as generic, and if was discovered as “Living connect Z radiator”, can’t tell if is working, as all I can do in the app, is rename and move room. (Cant adjust temperature)

2. NEO Cool cam Plug. tried to include as the NEO Coolcam Plug, and it started to ask for a key or pin, that I did not have, after a few seconds, it was included and reported “Device added without encryption” (I can live with that)

3. Added the OOMI FT100 (OEM of the Aeotec ZW100) the 6-in-1 device. It shows up as 4 devices Humidity, light, temperature and UV (the motion sensor is missing)

glad to hear that! We will improve this super fast speed even further!

we’ll take a look at these…everything must work perfectly! thats what we aim to do.

I no Linux expert, but I thought they were moving away from Open WRT to a new Ezlo Linux FW ?

3 Likes

OpenWRT is based on Linux. Ezlos new Linux FW is a rewritten OpenWRT FW not to be confused with the old Vera Linux (OpenWRT) FW and ezlo’s RTOS.

I know Open Wrt is Linux based.

I thought some of the issues with Vera was that the Open Wrt is was based on was out of date.

I thought they were moving to a new full blown proper Linux distro.

Not remaining with Open Wrt.

As I said I’m no expert, but it’s not what I was expecting.

So can someone explain.

2 Likes

I’d be interested too. Sounds like things are going well, but OpenWRT is surely not an RTOS?

C

1 Like

RTOS is on the Ezlo Plug and Atom not the Ezlo Plus and Ezlo Plus Plus.

I was just surprised to see the Open Wrt on that terminal screen shot.

I thought they were moving away from Open Wrt.

1 Like

It would seem odd to start from scratch, but not pick the best base. I guess they thought that OpenWRT was the best base.

C

OpenWrt is not bad per se, it’s the luup engine and the miriad of scripts they built upon that made it instable. In fact, your box uptime, to not be confused with the luup engine uptime, could be of months, if no reboot is necessary because of a fw update, or a major meltdown.

1 Like

~# uptime
11:14:53 up 24 days, 20:12, load average: 0.23, 0.08, 0.06

C

Question about device name length.

I added the Danfoss living connect, it was named by the system “Living connect Z radiator”, 25 characters, but when trying to rename a device, the MAX is 20, why this limit, and why can the system create longer then we can

Vera App, some times it loads fast, other times it takes 30 seconds to load (connected via WIFI at home), can this have anything to do with the ole veras I have (a local vera Plus and a external vera 3)

Will the Ezlo, have a new home/away/vacation/night system, so it will be more like a real alarm system, or will we still need to do the entire alarm system i lua ?