Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

Finally got my Ezlo Plus. Could only add it manually to Vera app iOS. Wired or wireless did not work. For me Zigbee is the big thing with new firmware as Vera firmware has close to none in my opinion. I know it’s not well supported yet as z-wave seems to be priority for now but had to try since the only devices I had unpaired was Zigbee devices. Failed to pair Xiaomi humidity and temp sensor, Xiaomi motion and light sensor with message something like “Inclusion stopped”. Paired an innr light bulb but can’t control it. When trying to include devices again I only get “Failed to put controller in inclusion mode”, same after several reboots. Latest firmware, can’t see version in local connection? was visible in cloud connection, v.1.1.988.2. And now when switching to my Vera Secure the dashboard is completely empty? I know beta is beta but why mess with my current setup on the other controller? That’s kind of disappointing. Looking forward to more Zigbee integrations like Xiaomi, Hue and IKEA.

1 Like

I just noticed an outdoor light was on before the time it should have turned by schedule. I opened the app and found a new device showing in ‘No room’ with a long alpha-numeric name that looks like a GUID. I tried to delete it but it won’t go away.

Every other device except ‘Google home’ and the Zigbee bulb entry that’s been stuck on my system (won’t delete either) now says “Device broken. Please remove and try to pair the device again.”

A reboot of the Ezlo Plus didn’t fix anything.

I assume it is best at this point to do a full reset of the device to get rid of the Zigbee device and unknown device that are stuck on the interface. Of course the reset would probably be easier if my reset button hadn’t broken off of the controller in shipping.

I’m going to give the reset a shot but if I can’t get that to work I’m probably going to move everything back over to my Vera Plus and call the beta test over.

Edit: I can’t seem to reset the device with the button missing. I tried shorting the contacts where the button was but no luck. I’ve moved all of my devices back to my Vera Plus and unplugged the Ezlo Plus.

1 Like

It just not going to work for end users. Its way too complex.

We need a like for like Vera Luup Requests replacement.

2 Likes

BTW, it’s not impossible to write a bridge and once they have a clear story around tokens, it could be done with minimal effort. Think about a light nodejs, or lua, or python service running on a PI or something similar. It could be easier if they’ll add an MQTT bridge, as they promised somewhere else in the forum.

1 Like

I’ve never used a Raspberry Pi before. Looking for a cheap used one on eBay at the moment however.

To run node red for Vera / Google Home TTS integration and also to run the java HA bridge software for Logitech Harmony “Home Control” integration for Vera devices.

Currently running them on my Windows file server but want to offload them on to a dedicated Raspberry Pi / Linux device.

But still your Bridge suggestion requires a 3rd party developer to do it and a device such as a Raspberry Pi for the end user to have and for the end user to have the knowledge on how he would set it all up.

None of that is required today with Vera Luup Requests as is.

1 Like

Since the firmware update and having to reinclude devices, The Alexa voice control is not working. I have deleted old ones and then rediscovered. Alexa found the new devices, but when i issue command by voice the response is device name is not responding, same responce fro VOI. All works via Vera app

Thank you for reporting this. We made an initial investigation and we raised a ticket to be further investigated by the cloud team - looks like the issue comes from here. We’ll keep you posted with the result.

Please provide controller serial number via a PM to be able to investigate.

True, but mqtt is the best thing they can natively do in order to support a broader ecosystem of connected devices. So, if they natively support mqtt, your chances of being able to integrate with other things is higher. For the the http only things, bridge could be easily written. 3rd part devs have always been the best advantage of this platform, I think many will move to the new one, when things are stable and then tools will be better. We’ll see.

@Valentin_Grigoras

I take this post was directed at me, but i would have no way of knowing this unless it was a reply to my post or you used @ElCid.

Luckily i have noticed and will PM you

1 Like

Unable to delete scene actions, The edit icon works but delete does not

showing edit icon mouse over

showing delete with mouse over

Also how do you set a trigger if device goes above a value, at the moment the trigger is on/off or device reaches level.
so if i set level to 5 it triggers on 5 but not above 5. so there is no way to limit light intensity.

1 Like

Ok I’m Back on testing the Ezlo Plus and the latest firmware. I started from Scratch reset the controller and starting including devices.

1. I included 2 fibaro dimmer 2 modules it went without problems i added additional parameter in zwave settings it synced but i didnt have time to test it if it works. The responsiveness is fast… way faster then vera firmware especially if you have 2 dimmers in scene. Strange thing with Fibaro 2 beside the dimmer light it shows Heat Sensor for each module which Fibaro dimmer does not have.
  2. I added Centralite Pearl Thermostat went without problems and its working as expected for the moment/
  3. Addded Centralite Micro Motion Sensor 3328G the inclusion process for pain in the a… it took me half and hour i started receiving inclusion process stopped… after 10 tries it included, i don’t have any info to share why it included in the end or why it didn’t included previously. (i reset the sensor to factory on each try.)

Update:

i included 4 fibaro dimmers and linked them with reactor and virtual dimmers in vera and it work very fast… even faster then dimmers connected directly to vera… but… after while the ezlo gets stuck not responding even when i try to control the lights directly from on ezlo… also the scenes are not working and/or working 5% of the time and i can’t delete them… At the moment i found a solution how to transfer more devices to ezlo and not to lose the automation but after this experience where ezlo stops responding i’m afraid to transfer more devices.

Hi @eonnet,
Its very interesting case.
The FW on your Ezlo Plus now 1.1.988.4, right ?
Do you have this issue when running Ezlo-bridge only?

It would be great to make a session to check logs on your Ezlo Plus.
Let me send you a message with details.

Yes the firmware is 1.1.988.4. Another strange thing is that commands are not responding at the moment via app.
On the first image TV Up and TV Front are both off as you can see from consumption, in the second picture Miki Bed is on and the state on the app is off and on third picture tv up and tv front are both on. I’m turning them on and off via http command. Also if i try to turn them off or on via app it turns on but in the app it reverts back as state in the pictures.
Another issue that i have i tried to include more modules but when i try it says the inclusion proces stopped i reboted the hub couple of times no effect nor for inclusion or responsivness on the app.

You can send me the details for remote access

It started working normal but this happens randomly like the hub gets stuck from time to time, because i noticed it at least 2-3 times today.

Hi,

I have two Fibaro FGWPE/F-101 on the HC2 Plus and every morning they report Cannot detect device. When I toggle the on/off status the error clears. The battery devices do not have this problem.

Cheers Rene

Hi @eonnet, thanks for the description and screenshots.

Is it the same Fibaro dimmers ? What is the part number for these modules ?

Sending you the details for remote access.

@reneboer, thanks for the description of the case with Fibaro FGWPE/F-101 devices.
We are checking it.
Do you have the issue with “Cannot detect device” and wrong report of battery level for battery powered devices in your setup ?