Beta feedback Ezlo Plus

Started testing my beta unit as well. So far I’ve added Neo Coolcam wall outlet power switches, a Ikea Tradfri E27 bulb, Ikea Tadfri E17 bulbs and a Ikea Tradfri remote (the one with dimming and left/right buttons). All Ikea devices were added as generic Zigbee devices.

All seem to pair and connect okay. The tradfri remote correctly reports the battery level, though it does not provide any functionality as a switch. This is expected behaviour, as these switches only communicate directly with the bulbs, not with the Ikea ‘bridge’.

In the current app/firmware combo, all worked pretty okay. Only odd bit is when adding a device, after selecting a room (by using the option button) I would expect the ‘Done’ button to become green, however it remains greyed-out. Pushing it still works okay though.

Hi,

This evening tried to install a fibaro smoke detector, fgsd002, which goes through the install process fine, however, when trying to create a scene based on the device, however the only options are battery goes above, battery goes below.

Please can you add alerts based on smoke detection etc?

Thanks

Nice to hear Trådfri finally works! That made me try my innr bulb again and this time it includes as a dimmable light.
The dimming works but the indicator stays at 100% and ON/OFF works but the icon is always lit even though the text is correct. After turning the light OFF leave the app and open again the icon and text shows as ON but it’s actually turned OFF.
Not sure if it’s a firmware or iOS app issue.

Not really reliable yet but at least it’s some progress in the right direction for Zigbee devices :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, it works but not exactly in a userfriendly way. Behaviour of the tradfri bulb is identical to your description of the innr bulb.

Actual bulb status is not reflected by the app UI. I can use the tradfri remote to control the bulb, but non of the changes are reflected in the app.

Anyway, to me the most important bit is to be able to control the lights from scenes, I have the physical switch for any ad-hoc use.

This morning I got 27 notifications from my thermostats that the mode was supposedly switched:

Just tried to add a Neo CoolCam SOS keyfob (Z-Wave) device. I was able to pair the device with the Ezlo Plus however I could see no way in the Vera mobile app to assign the buttons on the keyfob to run some of my scenes.

The device should be added as a scene controller.

I was then unable to unpair or delete the device from the Ezlo Plus hub.

EDIT: The device eventually disappeared.

UPDATE:

Got the Neo CoolCam SOS keyfob working on my Vera Plus, see here for setup guide.

Hi everyone, there were some incidents over the weekend which should have been sorted by now.
We’re sorry for the trouble. We’re posting incidents here: https://status.getvera.com/

I have two time-based Scenes on my ezlo Plus which are supposed to send Notify messages when they run – one in the morning, and one in the evening.

Problems are:
• They don’t run every day, only randomly;
• The notifications “pile up” and appear in my in-box much later than they should.

For example, I just got 10 such Notifications this morning, over a span of about 5 hours, telling me the “Morning” and “Evening” Scenes had run.

This is all painfully wrong and honestly should not be happening even for a product in alpha, much less beta stage. I will continue to postpone full testing of the Plus until such kinks get ironed out.

• Libra

@LibraSun, the only thing the scenes are doing - just sending notifications, right ?
Cloud team is checking the issue with notifications now.

@cw-kid, we are working on the integration of Neo CoolCam SOS keyfob, it will be available in next releases.

1 Like

@Crille, thanks for the description, checking it.

Oleh

You might want to check out parameter 3 on that Neo SOS keyfob as it’s not working as I expected on the Vera Plus.

Unless I have interpreted it’s meaning incorrectly?

Anyway after some tweaking the SOS keyfob does function on the Vera Plus as a scene controller.

@jouked, thanks for the feedback.
Looking forward for the feedbacks with more connected devices.

@tony-park, thanks for the description, checking it.

1 Like

@cw-kid, you mean tweaking by device settings, right ?

@Oleh

Read the new setup guide for Vera firmware hubs here.

The keyfob isn’t supported out of the box on the Vera firmware either you have to change its device type from a Generic IO device to a scene controller.

Plus I had other issues like no BatteryLevel variable.

It also creates a child device motion sensor for the red SOS button which I was not expecting but can work with that and is OK.

Technically, the “Morning” Scene sets Home Mode to “Home”, and my “Evening” Scene sets it to “Night”. That’s all they do besides sending the User notifications.

Scenes failing to save

Thank you @ElCid for reporting this. I reported to the team, they’ll take a look right away.

@LibraSun, thanks for additional details, checking it.