We’re releasing today in Beta a new Vera firmware for VeraEdge, VeraPlus and VeraSecure controllers as of September 1, 2020, we will begin providing our own cloud storage service for you to store your video recordings and snapshots, rather than using a third party service as we have done for the past several years.
- VeraEdge: https://dl.mios.com/rl/HF_2/731/mt7620a_Luup_ui7-1.7.5185-en-mios.squashfs
- VeraPlus: https://dl.mios.com/rl/HF_2/731/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.5186-en-mios.squashfs
- VeraSecure: https://dl.mios.com/rl/HF_2/731/mt7621s_Luup_ui7-1.7.5187-en-mios.squashfs
- Added support for upcoming VistaCam 1200 doorbell camera
Changes & Improvements:
- Replaced the cloud storage for camera recording resources (recordings & snapshots)
*Please note that after uploading the video to the new cloud storage the processing of the videos can take some time.
- Live Streaming stops in about 50-60 seconds after starting video recording
- Controller reboots and engine reloads while recording videos on multiple cameras.
- Video records from VistaCam PT have only 8-15 seconds (on the old implementation/storage the length of video was 19-20 seconds
- Video quality for saved videos is very low for mjpeg cameras
- Some of the mjpg files are not encoded in mp4 format
Previous known issues (targeted to be included for the next release):
- Not able to manually change day/night extra setting on Vistacam 700 from the Web UI
- Error message being displayed when trying to update Weather Settings without changing Temperature Format.
- Issue reported on units that are bridged, with devices on the slave units that generate alerts on the master unit , every time the engine reloads. The issues was reported for door locks.
- Not being able to control Hue devices with the Philips Hue 2 plugin.
- Icons/templates for UV Sensors and Generic Sensors have no space between “Level” and the value for “Level” is not being correctly aligned.
- Associations handled from web UI are still handled securely even when the device has been included insecurely.
- Issue with previous notifications added being still present in user_data after Reset Z-Wave Network was done.
- Plugin startup messages is not being displayed correctly on dashboard cards
- Job watch callback is not receiving job number
- Error message about snapshots, recording, live view are displayed multiple times on cameras.
- Disable “Broadcast SSID” not working from Settings"->“Net & Wi-fi” ->select “Manually configure (advanced)”;
- Lights are turning off while live streaming page is open on Firefox, when the option to turn on the light when user view the camera is be enabled.
- Preset modes Frost /Confort / Confort-1 / Confort-2 aren’t properly set on Qubino DIN Pilot Wire device.
- Issue on Vision Glass Break & Shock Detector VSN-ZS5101US where In step two no content is displayed in Device Wizard.
- Burglary alert are received without template.
- Not being able to change setpoints in scenes for GoControl GC-TBZ48 thermosta
- Issue on Aeon LED Bulb (ZW098) when changing color back to white the color is changing to ‘blueish’ white.
- Yale Door Locks has some incorrect message being displayed when trying to add restrictions to pin codes that are not displayed in clear ("****")
- Smart switches with category 3 and subcategory 3 ( in Wall Switches) are displayed with wrong icon in cpanel/setting section.
- Issue on the Web UI with not handling times which don’t contain seconds when editing an existing scene.
- Not being able to add Foscam C2 third party camera using the add device wizard
- Aeon Smart Switch generating ghost child devices after pairing.
- Not being able to remove multi-channel association on Gerber GPS-2000 devices.
- Not being able to set weekly restrictions on Schlage BE469ZP and BE468ZP locks
- Child devices are missing for Philio PST03-1A 4 in 1 Multi-Sensor after pairing.
- Issue on Qubino ZMNHJD1 (Pilot Wire) with no mode is selected when a scene is run with action set as Confort-1/ Confort-2 if mode number set to be suported by Qubino ZMNHJD1 (Pilot Wire) device is 4
- Qubino Flush On/Off Thermostat 2 is not being configured during the secure inclusion process
- Controller is removing log files even though the process to upload them to servers has failed.
- Local access is still working even if “Secure Vera” is enabled but the user enables both “EnableUPnP” and “UPnPScanning” options.
- Device category name inconsistency for RGB Bulbs between Web UI and mobile platforms.
After you install the Vera firmware, you can test the new cloud storage solution if you have a camera paired with your Vera controller via the webUI. If you want to test it via the mobile apps please use the latest Beta builds for Android and iOS.