Beta - VeraMobile for Android v.7.50.622

We’re submitting today to Google a new Beta update for VeraMobile for Android v.7.50.622 with the following:

New features:

• Add support for the built-in siren of the upcoming Ezlo Secure controller
  • Add support for devices that uses z-wave SOUND_SWITCH command class ( adjust the volume and select a song from the predefined list the device supports);

Improvements:

• Add support for “missing battery” use-case for the upcoming Ezlo Secure physical battery;

Bug fixing:

• Fixed an issue where controlling devices was very slow;
  • Fixed an issue where the user couldn’t set 2 restrictions for the same pin code;
  • Fixed an issue where a RGB colour picker wasn’t saved in a scene;
  • Fixed an issue where the colour temperature couldn’t be changed for LZW41;
  • Fixed an issue where glass break sensors were added as generic devices;
  • Fixed an issue where house mode wasn’t changed
  • Fixed some issues with the wi-fi on boarding for the upcoming Ezlo Secure;
  • Crash fixes

For those of you that are Beta testers via the Google platform and want to test the build faster you can enroll at this link, as we’ve changed the tool to distribute the builds - if you haven’t done it already. If you already use the new tool, you’ll receive an app update with v.7.50.621.

2 Likes

Hi @Ioana,
It is no longer possible to add zwave parameters. You can enter all details but the Add does nothing.

And what is the Settings > Network suppose to do? I only get a spinning wheel.

Ok, clearing the app cache fixed that again. Tad annoying that is needed so often.

Cheers Rene

Today the app took so long to open that I had to drive home and unlock the door for someone rather than rely on VeraMobile to operate my Yale deadbolt. Tired of looking at that red “No Connection” banner when I’m on a perfectly good WiFi network!!

hi @LibraSun, are you sure you had good internet connection even with strong wifi signal? The “No internet” message is received from android operating system, and from our tests lately it is pretty reliable.

Fair question, though I had no time to conduct necessary testing to confirm Internet connection strength. However, I CAN confirm that the VeraMobile™ app often takes so long to open (spinning, spinning, …, …) that I routinely give up trying. And this happens in multiple venues, all of which have known-good Web connections.

Will document better in future, just been a hectic week.

P.S. What is the “gold star” intended for if (as I only recently learned) it does not place a Device onto the Dashboard? I had naively expected it would add a Device to some kind of “Favorites” which in turn I expected meant “on the Dashboard.”

after pressing start button,they automatically appear on Old Dashboard. On Dashboard Pro, please enter edit mode, and select which one you want to have.

1 Like

I’m going to comment that the different behavior of devices in the VeraMobile app dashboard is a bit unexpected. For example, I have two devices listed there under my Vera Plus: a thermostat and a door lock.
Tapping the upper right quadrant of the Lock square makes the door lock toggle. Tapping the same area of the Thermostat box does nothing.
(Also, I’m not sure what purpose icons have within this space if some present no control options.)