Bhyve Irrigation Plugin development

I recently purchased a Bhyve Smart Watering Controller for my home.

After fiddling around with ‘Postman’ making some api calls to try and figure out how to go about writing a Vera plugin. I finally was able to create access tokens to the device.

Most of my coding knowledge is C#, javascript, but I’m will to give LUA a go and see if I can get a Bhyve Smart Irrigation controller plugin rollin’.

2 Likes

I just released my first plugin.

A lot can be learned by looking existing plugins, beware of course taking any bad practices.

Here is my plugin code for reference: GitHub - Vpowgh/VVMachine: Vallox ventilation machine plug-in for Vera

There is also “plugin tutorial” by @rigpapa GitHub - toggledbits/PluginTools: Tools for creating Vera/Luup/openLuup plugins

2 Likes

Just a note to this: this is a work in progress, and very much incomplete. It also includes a basic plugin framework first cut (I actually used it to implement Submasters, as a test/proof-of-concept). But expect a lot of holes and errata. Corrections and contributions are always welcome!

1 Like

Welp, this dream ended fairly quickly. Seems as though you can parse information form the bhyve units, however there isnt was way to initiate the unit to run from cammand line.

I think I might sniff the Network with Wireshark and see if there is anything that could be figured out, but the control API is non existent for this device.

Is this still a no go or is there any hope in resurrecting the project?
I came across someone else working on integrating the bhyve with home automation, but it’s a bit over my head…