Big Ass Fans - Haiku - SenseMe plugin for VeraLite

sounds good; might not have much time to work on this in the coming weeks; i’ll reach out when i get back to it.

Sounds like a plan, just send me a PM if you need me to test anything (happy to help in any way). Hopefully someone else with this fan will give this a test and provide additional feedback.

@emetens

Well I’m going to place an order for the fan here in the next couple of days, just sending a ping your way to see if you’ve made any progress on this… LMK how I can assist.

–CN

did a bit of research and the issue is potentially in the file D_SenseMeFan1.json. if you look at the “Control” definition in that file, i believe I might be missing some “Top” “Left” “Width” “Height” entries that are used in UI5 and might be relevant to your situation

See Luup plugins: Static JSON file - MiOS

[tt] “Display”: {
“Service”: “urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MyPlugin1”,
“Variable”: “Status”,
“Value”: “1”,
“Top”: 200,
“Left”: 50,
“Width”: 100,
“Height”: 20
},
[/tt]

You might just be able to add the proper “Top” “Left” “Width” “Height” entries in you version to move the different controls.

Hope it helps!

Will do… Thanks

[quote=“emetens, post:24, topic:193882”]did a bit of research and the issue is potentially in the file D_SenseMeFan1.json. if you look at the “Control” definition in that file, i believe I might be missing some “Top” “Left” “Width” “Height” entries that are used in UI5 and might be relevant to your situation

See Luup plugins: Static JSON file - MiOS

[tt] “Display”: {
“Service”: “urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:MyPlugin1”,
“Variable”: “Status”,
“Value”: “1”,
“Top”: 200,
“Left”: 50,
“Width”: 100,
“Height”: 20
},
[/tt]

You might just be able to add the proper “Top” “Left” “Width” “Height” entries in you version to move the different controls.

Hope it helps![/quote]

Hello developers,

I just installed a Haiku fan and am very interested in integrating this into my Vera system. I have been looking over the thread and wanted to know if it is ready for deployment?

I am new to Luup and how the Vera works on the programming side but very interested in learning at a novice level.

Thanks,

Trevor

@Taprimo

Apologies for the late response. I ordered my fan but I’m still within their 4 week production window so until I receive and install it, well - I won’t be able to say for sure. We still have the issue with the controls, at least within AltUI (can’t recall if it’s an issue within UI7). Seems there’s not a lot of people willing to buy a 1k fan (what was I thinking) so kudos @emetens for taking on this plugin. It’s rare to have a plugin for such a small user base.

Feel free to install the latest version off of Github and provide feedback within this thread… Let us know if we can help.

–CN

[quote=“Taprimo, post:26, topic:193882”]Hello developers,

I just installed a Haiku fan and am very interested in integrating this into my Vera system. I have been looking over the thread and wanted to know if it is ready for deployment?

I am new to Luup and how the Vera works on the programming side but very interested in learning at a novice level.

Thanks,

Trevor[/quote]

Hi,

I just recently installed your plugin. I spent quite a bit of time poking around but I cannot figure out how to get it fully working. It sometimes pulls the correct status of the fan when I change it through the native app but I cannot send anything. It just says command failed. As for the light, I was never successful in polling the status or sending anything. If I telnet to the port of the Haiku and send the commands manually it works. I am using VeraPro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just installed The Haiku fans today!

Trying this, but nothing appears to happen - its just a blank control panel… on a Vera Plus as opposed to a Vera Lite.

Any suggestions on where to start debugging? Or has the code updated in the last two years?

Thanks!

Don’t have the bandwidth to work on this anymore. :frowning:

Can anyone help, where in the .lua code should the device information be inserted? there are a few instances “SENSEME DEVICES” per the github instructions. any help would be great, thank you!