Bosch solution 3000

Trying to get the Vera edge to integrate with the Bosch Solution 3000, I am having issues with the LUA code failing and the handshake not being reciprocated.
Can any one help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like nobody has responded yet.
I am trying to do the same here in Australia. Spoken to Bosch Tech support. Only thing he says is it can be done, but not able to tell how.
They are trying to say certified installer only can do with commands. Iā€™ll try and talk to some others and see.

are you using the Bosch Security plugin for the Vera Edge controller ?

did you ever have any luck getting it going?

I havenā€™t had the chance yet to try out the support instructions from Bosch yet. Once my house is built, and alarm installed, I will try to integrate it to veraplus. below are the instructions - (if you get it to work pls touch base with me)

Thank you for your enquiry regarding our Home Automation Solution for the 2000 & 3000 Bosch Alarm Panel.
Please note currently Vera Plug in works on Solution 2000/3000 with firmware version 1.3.
To install this option for your panel, you will need to install the Vera App on your device. Please follow the instructions
below in conjunction with the file downloads which I have attached. This will ensure your Vera App will be fully
operational on your Bosch Solution 2000 or 3000 panel.
Vera Instructions

1. Unzip the attached file,
  2. Within the Vera webpage interface, go in to the ?Develop Apps? menu of the controller, and upload all of the
    files to the controller.
  3. Copy the contents of L_BoschSolutionAlarmPanel1.lua in to the Start-Up LUA tab
  4. Restart the controller
  5. Go back in to Develop Apps and select ?Create Device?.
    Enter the following information;
    Device Type ? Whatever you want the panel to appear as in your device list (ie ? ?Bosch Alarm?)
    Internal ID ? A number needs to be entered here, it should have no impact on operation
    Description ? Once again, whatever you want it described as in the Device List
    Upnp Device Filename: D_BoschSolutionAlarmPanel1.xml
    Upnp Implementation Filename: I_BoschSolutionAlarmPanel1.xml
    IP Address: The internal IP address of the panel?s IP module
  6. Then create the device,
  7. Restart the Vera controller again.
    If this information is unable to resolve your problem, please do not hesitate to call us and we will do our best to
    respond promptly.
    Thank you for choosing Bosch.

Just In case anyone is still interested you also need to enter in the Port of the IP Module, by default it is 7700, so the IP you enter into the Veras device should look a like this 192.168.0.1:7700

Hi, Iā€™m considering the Bosch 3000. Any gotchaā€™s/issues that you experienced? Really only functionalities that I would like to control from Vera

• be able to arm/disarm alarm (home/away/stay modes)
  • trigger outputs
  • trigger scenes (eg. based on sensor status)

The Bosch integration with Vera is somewhat minimal but combining it with Z-wave module does allow for a bit more control.
You are able to arm and Disarm the panel no problem and it will update you with what status the Panel is in however that is pretty much it, i looked though the plugin files and found that at one point in time it seems that whoever coded it had a function set in place to also report when the alarm went off on the panel but im not sure if they just didnā€™t finish it, or a update from Vera messed with the connection.
You can get feed back from the panel to see if it is in the alarm state by sticking a Z-wave Fibaro Universal on its output and getting it configured on the panel to think it is a Siren, you can also probably use a Dry contact relay to mimic a sensor attached to the panel and set up an association with your Z-wave sensors to trip the panel.

Hi all, finally got some time to work on integrating the Bosch Alarm & Veraplus. Went through the instructions and created a device (urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:BoschSolutionAlarmPanel:1) but, vera comes back with ā€œLua Startup Failure - Cant Detect Deviceā€. I formatted the IP address I believe the Bosch system is on as 192.168.0.xx:7700, left the passcode as ā€˜0000000000ā€™ and used my User Code (that I normally use on the alarm panel) in the PIN code field. Any suggestions where to from here would be appreciated ?

Thanks
Paul

Hi All - I am having the same problem as vannpaul and was wondering if anyone had a worked out a solution.

Using a Bosch 3000 system with the B426-m module, and have followed both the instructions from Bosch and the additional steps mentioned above with no luck as I also get the ā€œLua Startup Failureā€ error.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem would be great as it seems like it has happened to others.

Thanks!

1 Like