BroadLink Mark II plugin

Of course I will.

Thanks

Hi, just wondering how you got on with your new RM4 Pro?
I’ve not managed to progress on the python-broadlink repo

I did and have already provisioned it for my network but haven’t gotten much further because my office has been inaccessible due to home rennovations.

FYI, I configured the WiFi completely without the app to keep it cloud-free so to speak. I put it in AP mode, connected to the “Broadlink …” network that it advertised and then ran the broadlink_cli --joinwifi command to connect it to my network. I haven’t had time to test it with the Vera plugin but will soon.

How are things progressing with yours?

Sadly stuck in the same place.
So I got to the stage where as you have done configured WiFi without any of the apps. Used broadlink_cli --joinwifi to connect successfully.

I can learn IR easily enough, the orange learning light comes on and learns the code.

For the RF I have two different remotes one for blinds and one for cooker hood extractor running at 433.15 and 433.92 respectively. The orange learning light comes one but times out for both.

So not even got to trying anything on the Vera yet.

It’ll be interesting to see if you have the same issue when you get round to it.

Hope the renovations are going well.

The only frequency Broadlink uses is 433.92. Don’t expect a learning response from your 433.15 device.
I’ve got a RM4 device on it’s way and will compare it against the RM Pro3, having a RM4 running against the RM3 as a development model might help.

That would be great to know.

Thanks

Just a quick post to say that the plug-in installed great and after a few reloads and some waiting for things to propagate so I could test it out, it seems to be working well with a RM Pro+.

FYI - The json is as follows…

`{“78:1d:34:fd:91:12”:{“blInternalId”:“00000002”,“blKey”:“8383u3he7dg63gw6y3tegwy”,“blDeviceType”:10141,“blIp”:“192.168.1.140”,“blDesc”:“RM3 Pro Plus”}}

Good news. Sounds like an old car I once drove - needed a few restarts before it would get going.

The version you should be seeing is ver 0.56 Refer to the variables tab for the version number. It has improved RF learning and handles some of the more recent RM Pro models as well.

The plugin, along with about 60 others, is available in the AltApp store.

It’s not entirely clear to me how I use the AltApp store, I found it on the forum, installed it, but wasn’t sure what else I needed, e.g AltUi? Or openLuup ?

The AltApp plugin “automatically” integrates with and extends AltUI by becoming a menu item in that UI:

ie AltUI → More → App Store

If I remember correctly the store might not work on Vera 3 because of problems along these lines:
SSL urls

Hey Mr. @a-lurker ,
It looks like Broadlink changed their API as I’m getting a connection refused when sending IR codes to an RM mini-- perhaps the device is looking for some sort of authentication.

luup_log:142: BroadLink_Mk2 debug: TX of Tx IR RF msg to 10.17.2.61 failed: refused

Are you seeing the same with your Broadlink devices?

No problems with my old RM mini so far. The last RM minis are different - is this a new device or a device that used to work and now doesn’t? If it’s a new mini you need to update the plugin from the Alt App store (or directly from GitHub) - current version is 0.56. Plus there is some additional messing around with the new devices to get them working. Read previous posts. It would be nice if BroadLink stopped stuffing around with their stuff. Or at least release a detailed API.

My device used to work and now doesn’t. I’m running 0.56 on openLuup and I have no trouble seeing the device on my WiFi network. I re-installed the plugin from scratch and the plugin sees the device and captures the MAC et al.

One thing I did notice is that when I went through the capture routine with e-control, the IR codes are slightly different from the previous set of command codes that I picked up from e-control the first time around a year ago. My TV did not change, and neither did the remote, so Broadlink made some sort of firmware change to the device.

Any ideas on how to debug this. I suspect they added some basic authentication and the device is looking for a cert or user/pwd credentials. The e-control android app makes you login to the cloud, so it could be that broadlink is forcing credentials on the API as well.

Seems to have been some changes - have a look here and here. There is also talk of checking the “Cloud byte”.

So, I’ve been trying to use the plugin with a VeraPlus and RM4. I successfully installed the plugin in very and it discovered a single child (RF), but not anything else. On my phone I’ve been using the “Broadlink-Universal” app and not the “e-control”. Can someone please give me some directions on how to add the existing devices I configured in the app? Thank you!

Thought the RM4 was IR only, not RF. Wondering what your trying to control. Need a lot more detail on what you are trying to achieve.

The RM4 is both IR & RF (433.92mHz or 315.??mHz) The ones I have are dual 433 & 315.
It doesn’t control Somfy (433.42mHz) unless your a meter or so away from it, it’s close but not close enough.
I have ordered the correct frequency crystals and when I get some spare time I intend to swap out the crystal in the RM4 and see if I can get the RM4 to work with Somfy.

I thought it was the mini, not the pro.

Yes, there a two versions, that is where the confusion is:

RM4Pro = RF & IR
RM4Mini - IR

There are also regional variations or the RM4-Pro that take into account permissible local RF frequencies.

Hi

hopefully this isn’t a really stupid question, but I’m looking to learn some IR codes and the instructions say…

To start the learning process issue these commands to the appropriate child device (not the parent):

luup.call_action(‘urn:a-lurker-com:serviceId:IrTransmitter1’, ‘LearnIRCode’, {}, DeviceID)

What exactly is the ‘child device ‘ I need to use ?

Looking at my Vera , I only seem to have the main “BroadLink Mk2” node and a “ RM3 Pro Plus - temperature 1” node (whatever that is for I’m not sure ).

Any help would be appreciated…