BroadLink Mark II plugin

The SC1 is still in my possession and I will keep it. I didn’t have time to record the logs that i promised last time, but I will do so in a few days.
I have two identical broadlink devices and I have putted near each other.
One shows 22.6 and the other one 23.8 - 24… It is a big difference between them.

I believe that there are always differences between devices.
I have 2 Philios mounted approximately 300mm apart at the same height: note the difference.

I created a device with: D_BroadLink_Mk2_1.xml and I_BroadLink_Mk2_1.xml, and it looks like it was unnecessary to make a separate D_BroadLink_Mk2_IrRf_1 device.

Sending RF seems to work too.

Thanks very much. :slight_smile:

I_BroadLink_Mk2_1.xml
Not needed when creating the device but does no harm.
it looks like it was unnecessary to make a separate D_BroadLink_Mk2_IrRf_1
Correct - not required.

Glad that the RF TX works OK. Unfortunately I’m still not happy with the RF learning, although the IR learning works OK (noting that learnt codes can be highly problematic). What are you controlling?

An RF ceiling fan. I used the RM bridge to learn the code, and your plugin to send it. Both can run at the same time too. Yours has the advantage of not dying when the power goes off to my TV running the bridge, as I found out recently, and also the temperature, which I didn’t even knew it did until recently.

Oh, I should add that it doesn’t like its children being separated into different rooms. I had crashes when I did that, but it’s probably a Vera thing.

^^^
That’s great info, can you share the manufacturer/brand of the fan?
Is it 315 or 433.92?

About the temperature difference.
I decided to contact the company that sells these RM PRO in my city for replacing this unit with the big offset in temperature reading and they replaced my unit.
The new one has a positive 2C+ offset … >:( instead of 23.5 … i got 26c
So the only solution is to … correct it in vera somehow… I don’t know how can I do this …

[quote=“stefanradu5, post:21, topic:198239”]The SC1 is still in my possession and I will keep it. I didn’t have time to record the logs that i promised last time, but I will do so in a few days.
I have two identical broadlink devices and I have putted near each other.
One shows 22.6 and the other one 23.8 - 24… It is a big difference between them.[/quote]

[quote=“zedrally, post:26, topic:198239”]^^^
That’s great info, can you share the manufacturer/brand of the fan?
Is it 315 or 433.92?[/quote]

http://www.hunterpacific.com.au/accessories-remotes.php is the remote kit for the fan I’m using, but I can’t see what frequency it uses.

Thanks,
I can see the C Tick, has it a FCC number?

The plugin can also work Aeratron fans. I was looking at making a plugin for the fans but having trouble decoding the fan codes.

[quote=“zedrally, post:29, topic:198239”]Thanks,
I can see the C Tick, has it a FCC number?[/quote]

No idea, but Hunter Pacific have been around for years in Oz, so if that’s a necessary safety standard thing, I’m sure they’ll have it. You could email them if you’re curious.

It’s just that you can google the FCC number and it will give you the frequency, that was all that I was interested in.

I want to join in, heaping praise upon our many plug-in coders, especially @a-lurker for the BroadLink Mark II effort. We’ve seen a lot of plug-in authors back away from the Vera platform (or, more tellingly, the MCV environment altogether) for various reasons, stated and unstated.

I never want one of those reasons to be, “I did not feel appreciated and my work valued.” Because you are, and it is!

In a perfect world, device plug-ins would equate to (or at least have a chance at becoming) built-in “features” rather than “add-ons”, and these authors remunerated somehow for their efforts. (Example: I was once given $100 off my first Vera unit as thanks for re-writing the MCV FAQ section, many years ago.) I do wish, in the meantime, that plug-in creators could benefit financially from their many hours of work, in the same way Google Play Store contributors can, or YouTube! content creators might via Patreon or PayPal.

What I sense has happened in the past is that a rift erupts between plug-in creators and the (silent, invisible) big decision-makers at MCV who rightly wish to maintain proprietary control over their ecosystem – clearly, that’s why the plug-in Apps Store came into being.

But having been involved in the Vera community for nearly 10 years, and hardly ever (ever?) heard from the company itself and only gotten a response from Tech Support once or twice during that time, I would encourage MCV staffers to become a little more active here (in the Forums) and far more transparent (dealing with contributors) so we can all know the lay of the land.

Finally, if any Public Relations folks are listening, it would be sweet if the Vera brand could somehow be pushed more broadly, as I have YET to meet a techie IRL who’s ever heard of Vera, MiOS or MiCasaVerde, much less used one of their products. The highway of home automation products is littered with dead remnants of failed platforms, and a common refrain has always been, “If only they had maintained it!”

I look at brilliant, die-hard volunteers like @A-Lurker on the front lines of development and realize (as I hope MCV suits do, too), “These are the ones keeping our customers satisfied!” Yes, these timely plug-ins make that much difference.

So thanks again! :heart:

• Libra

@LibraSun Thanks for the great words of encouragement :smiley:

Years ago I decided to purchase Vera because of the SONOS plugin being available, plus an active forum, plus Z-Wave support. So here we are sometime later and the SONOS plugin appears to be problematic due to recent Vera firmware changes. Fortunately the forum is still very active.

I have also tried to improve the documentation but my English expression is lacking on occasions:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Special:Contributions/A-lurker

We should note that MCV may receive calls for support that are caused by ‘errant’ plugins and as such, probably see this as an on going cost that they may not feel responsible for. However they review the plugins that go into the store.

1 Like

Version 0.54 released - see first post.

[quote=“LibraSun”]I want to join in, heaping praise upon our many plug-in coders, especially @a-lurker for the BroadLink Mark II effort. We’ve seen a lot of plug-in authors back away from the Vera platform (or, more tellingly, the MCV environment altogether) for various reasons, stated and unstated.

I never want one of those reasons to be, “I did not feel appreciated and my work valued.” Because you are, and it is!

In a perfect world, device plug-ins would equate to (or at least have a chance at becoming) built-in “features” rather than “add-ons”, and these authors remunerated somehow for their efforts. (Example: I was once given $100 off my first Vera unit as thanks for re-writing the MCV FAQ section, many years ago.) I do wish, in the meantime, that plug-in creators could benefit financially from their many hours of work, in the same way Google Play Store contributors can, or YouTube! content creators might via Patreon or PayPal.

What I sense has happened in the past is that a rift erupts between plug-in creators and the (silent, invisible) big decision-makers at MCV who rightly wish to maintain proprietary control over their ecosystem – clearly, that’s why the plug-in Apps Store came into being.

But having been involved in the Vera community for nearly 10 years, and hardly ever (ever?) heard from the company itself and only gotten a response from Tech Support once or twice during that time, I would encourage MCV staffers to become a little more active here (in the Forums) and far more transparent (dealing with contributors) so we can all know the lay of the land.

Finally, if any Public Relations folks are listening, it would be sweet if the Vera brand could somehow be pushed more broadly, as I have YET to meet a techie IRL who’s ever heard of Vera, MiOS or MiCasaVerde, much less used one of their products. The highway of home automation products is littered with dead remnants of failed platforms, and a common refrain has always been, “If only they had maintained it!”

I look at brilliant, die-hard volunteers like @A-Lurker on the front lines of development and realize (as I hope MCV suits do, too), “These are the ones keeping our customers satisfied!” Yes, these timely plug-ins make that much difference.

So thanks again! :heart:

• Libra[/quote]
    Well said!
    A nice addition to the forums would be a ?like button? to show support for various statements/threads
1 Like

Will your plugin allow control of the broad link black bean also?

Yes.

Beauty, thanks! (which this forum had a like button:-/

1 Like

Give him a +1 karma boost.