[BUG] Ghost Alerts - alerts in Android App that do not exist in VA on Vera Contr

example: ‘Stay ON’ (see in screenshot) is not in the report (does not exist) It did, several weeks ago but I changed ‘Stay ON’ to ‘Stay’, 2-3 weeks ago.

attached screenshot, log & report

Richard?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Since you were messing around with your system during the last 3 releases where Vera had some problems with scenes with LUA
And a Notification in Vera is a Scene and vera alerts adds LUA code to those hidden scenes.

The only thing i can suggest is:

1. Remove Vera ALerts Plugin.
  2. Remove ALL notifications from ALL releases.
  3. Remove ALL Scenes (not just the notification) if the scene has a notification attached to it.
  4. Remove ALL Scenes that have any LUA code in them or ever did have any LUA code in them.
  5. Reinstall Vera Alerts and Re-Create Notifications and scenes. NOTE YOU MUST DELETE ALL SUSPECT SCENES!!!

If you have a backup from before all of this message you might be able to restore it.
Vera Alerts dis not have any problems if you did not try to edit them while Vera was having problems. I.e. those with a stable system.

Not worth it. Tired of F’n around trying to get something to work that will never work properly. Unfortunately your excellent coding skills clearly cannot overcome the massive flaws in Vera’s core design… which is not properly designed for automation.

I’m going to bite the bullet and move to something else when I get the time. time to explore OpenHAB and Home Assistant